They say defense wins championships, but it won’t this year. As you will see in the below list of the top 10 NFL offenses in 2016, all four conference championship teams rank in the top five.
This rating takes into account more than just stats, factoring for elements such as diversity of the offense, quality of the offense and performance of the offense against the league’s better defenses.
1) Atlanta Falcons. The Falcons have a big-time MVP candidate at QB in Matt Ryan, who had an unbelievable season. When you add in the running attack of Devonta Freeman and Coleman, maybe the best run blocking offensive line in the NFL and the top receiver in the NFL Julio Jones, those are the ingredients for the number one offense.
2) New England Patriots. The biggest improvement for the Patriots was the offensive line. Last year, it was the Patriots’ weakness, but in 2016 they were a top ten line. As always it helps to have the greatest quarterback in possibly the history of the game, Tom Brady.
3) New Orleans Saints. Drew Brees was awesome as always, and this should have been a playoff team. The Saints’ lack of wins was because of a porous defense. They ran the ball well and of course with Brees could throw it with the best of them.
4) Green Bay Packers. The Packers rank fourth because they are one-dimensional on offense. The Packers have a great pass blocking line — maybe the best in the NFL. Where they’re lacking is the ability to run the ball. They have played most of the second half of the season with a wide receiver at running back. Even without a running game, they rank this high because at this moment they have Aaron Rodgers, who can put a team on his back and carry them all the way to the finish line.
5) Pittsburgh Steelers. The Steelers have, in my opinion, the best offensive line in the game and possibly the best running back in the NFL. They have fallen short a little in the passing game. QB Ben Roethlisberger has not had one of his best seasons. If Big Ben had had a better season, I could have seen this offense as top 2.
6) Dallas Cowboys. It all starts on the offensive line for the Cowboys: They have a top 5 line, one of the best running backs in the game in Ezekiel Elliott and a quarterback in Dak Prescott who makes very few mistakes. Expect this team to be in these rankings for years to come.
7) Washington Redskins. Kirk Cousins has a ton of weapons to get the ball to and a high-quality offensive line. All of those facts make it even more mysterious as to why this team fell apart at the end of the season.
8) Oakland Raiders. This team would have ranked higher if they had not been destroyed by injuries. QB Derek Carr was a legitimate MVP candidate until he got hurt. The offensive line was top 5 and they had weapons all over the field.
9) Miami Dolphins. Running back Jay Ajayi helped turned the Dolphins season around this year. They got solid offensive line play, which helped QB Ryan Tannehill improve as the season went on. Hopefully, this season showed that the Dolphins are on the right track(Finally).
10) Detroit Lions. QB Matthew Stafford was an NFL MVP candidate until the last month or so of the season when he was hurt. WR Golden Tate played well this season as did Marvin Jones. The Lions need a running game to go with the passing game to become a serious title contender.
If you enjoy hearing from the legends of pro sports, then be sure to tune into “The Grueling Truth” sports shows, “Where the legends speak”
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Players must be 21 years of age or older or reach the minimum age for gambling in their respective state and located in jurisdictions where online gambling is legal. Please play responsibly. Bet with your head, not over it. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, and wants help, call or visit: (a) the Council on Compulsive Gambling of New Jersey at 1-800-Gambler or www.800gambler.org; or (b) Gamblers Anonymous at 855-2-CALL-GA or www.gamblersanonymous.org.
This site is using Cloudflare and adheres to the Google Safe Browsing Program. We adapted Google's Privacy Guidelines to keep your data safe at all times.