Is this not a stupid question? Deion Sanders is a lightning rod of controversy as he leads his Colorado Buffaloes. Is the hate because of the color of his skin, or is it more likely everybody with half a brain wants to see his clown show lose? Oregon was just better than Colorado and that’s just a fact! Deion Sanders led Jackson State to a SWAC conference title, and he did it with 3, 4, and 5-star recruits. The only problem was that he never won a black college championship because he got out-coached by a program with only starless players.
The other issue is that people get mad at Oregon coach Dan Lanning for using everything Deion has done as a coach and formerly a player against him. It’s great to talk a little smack if you can back it up, but when you can’t, you better fully expect to have the shit you spewed, spewed right back at you.
Why do Deion defenders think it’s racist when he gets attacked back? A long history of the crap Deion has done over the last three years is widely available if you just get on the internet. Let’s give you a rundown of what Deion has done that everybody ignores.
People/coaches/teams are having difficulty with Deion being about himself rather than the team; listen to his post-game press conference where he says, “Me” instead of the team! Seeing him succeed would open doors for other minority coaches as well. But when a Power 5 coach shows up cocky before having won anything as a Head Coach, other coaches and teams take offense at that. You cannot tell everyone, “We ain’t comin’ no more..we’re here..” only to admit after getting beat that you’re not quite there yet. “I understand what we need” wasn’t met yet, and when that happened, simply take your loss quietly, knowing there are better teams out there to play next week without sounding the alarm over them; just prepare for next time by improving yourself further and improving yourself each week in preparation of becoming better each week!
Hold on, because things are about to get worse, or should I say stay worse. After only two weeks of coaching at the Power 5 level, an interviewer from 60 Minutes asked him who the best college football coach in America was; in response, he responded, “Give me a mirror so I can look at him!” And yet, many are wondering why Oregon went for 4th down when it was already up 42-0. Comments like these are why the Ducks would go for it. In the end, Oregon did let up because the Ducks could have named the score they wanted for this game. There are levels to this game, and Colorado is nowhere near Oregon is level.
1. Deion outwitted FAMU by 30 points because FAMU had 35 players ruled ineligible. He left his starters in. He boasted about it, yet none of you voiced objection. Why not?
2. Sheddeur Sanders was still in leading Bethune Cookman 45-8 when no one raised any concerns regarding sportsmanship.
3. When JSU was up by 14 with less than 2 minutes remaining against Alabama State University and still called a hitch-and-go play to make 21 points against them because all they talked about was blowing out SWAC teams, none of his supporters voiced concerns.
4. Deion encourages his players to walk through opposing team warm-ups without warning, and none of his supporters protest. If a team like Colorado State does anything, they are called dirty, and Sanders son poked a Ram in the eye in their victory, and nobody said anything about it. When you get down to it, Colorado and Colorado State were both undisciplined in their game two weeks ago; it wasn’t just Colorado State.
5. No one spoke up when Deion decided not to accept the SWAC trophy.
6. His son flashed his watch and gave no credit to Colorado St. for an excellent game; none of you responded.
7. But when Oregon Coach used what Prime put out there to motivate his players, people began labeling him as an anti-Black hatemonger and trying to turn this issue racial. Make it make Sense.
The win at TCU was great, but make no mistake, this was a TCU team that had lost a ton of starters from last season, and it was their first game together. Nebraska hung for a half with the Buffaloes, and the Cornhuskers are terrible. Colorado State was a 35-point underdog, and for Colorado to go to overtime after coming from behind should have been a clue that the Buffaloes are an average team at best.
Then you have the roster turnover from the transfer portal; a good coach makes the offensive and defensive lines the biggest thing; Sanders went for skill position, guys.
They had a nice win at TCU but struggled to beat Nebraska and Colorado State and got owned by Oregon. So the Buffs should be 2-2, which was expected at the start of the season, instead, they are 3-1 and a game better than most would think. He has done a solid job, but now he must play the big boys. He best keep quiet the rest of the season, or what happened this past week will become the norm, and it’s not racist to hope he losses. Most are not cheering for him to lose because he’s black; most are against him because he’s an egotistical asshole.
If you enjoy hearing from the legends of pro sports, then be sure to tune into “The Grueling Truth” sports shows, “Where the legends speak”
Contact us: email@example.com
Players must be 21 years of age or older or reach the minimum age for gambling in their respective state and located in jurisdictions where online gambling is legal. Please play responsibly. Bet with your head, not over it. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, and wants help, call or visit: (a) the Council on Compulsive Gambling of New Jersey at 1-800-Gambler or www.800gambler.org; or (b) Gamblers Anonymous at 855-2-CALL-GA or www.gamblersanonymous.org.
This site is using Cloudflare and adheres to the Google Safe Browsing Program. We adapted Google's Privacy Guidelines to keep your data safe at all times.