Marvin Hagler finally got his shot at a mega fight on November 10th, 1983 against the Hands of Stone Roberto Duran. This is the best version you will find anywhere of this classic fight. Please like and subscribe to our youtube channel!
- Hagler was a 4 to 1 favorite.
- Hagler was guaranteed $5 million, and Duran was guaranteed $1.5 million. Each also received a percentage of the revenue.
- The fight was shown on closed-circuit television in 400 locations with three million seats. There was also pay-per-view television in Chicago and Los Angeles. HBO and NBC had delayed rights.
- There was a crowd of 14,600 in the outdoor stadium at Caesars Palace.
- After 13 rounds, Duran was ahead by one point on two scorecards and even on the third. Hagler, with his left eye swollen and cut, came on strong in the last two rounds to win the fight.
- After winning seven consecutive title defenses by knockout, Hagler was forced to go the distance for the first time as champion.
- Unofficial AP scorecard: 145-142 Hagler; unofficial Los Angeles Times scorecard: 146-141 Hagler.