Christopher Benedict resides in Huntington, New York which is the birthplace of Walt Whitman and Gerry Cooney. Taking into consideration Benedict’s passion for both writing and prizefighting, this admittedly odd pairing makes perfect sense.
Although a native Long Islander, his longtime devotion to the Boston Red Sox, UConn Huskies, and Marvelous Marvin Hagler conspire to make him an absentee New Englander at heart. He enjoys weaving together his complex love of boxing, storytelling, and history embellished by a commitment to find the devil in the details.
- Michael Nunn Tells a Personal Tale of Two Sugar Rays
- Seniesa Estrada Awes with One-Punch KO of Maria Santizo, Marlen Esparza Drops and Outpoints Anabel Ortiz in San Antonio
- Amanda Serrano Clobbers Miriam Gutierrez Over Ten Rounds to Set the Stage For Katie Taylor Mega Bout
- Katie Taylor Turns Away Tough Challenge From Firuza Sharipova, Eyes Serrano Super Fight at MSG in April
- Jessica McCaskill Hands Kandi Wyatt Seven-Round Beatdown, Retains Undisputed Welterweight Crown
- Card Subject to Change: Previewing a Women’s Boxing December to Remember
- Kali Reis Commemorates Native American Heritage Month With Split Decision Victory Over Jessica Camara on ‘The Road to Undisputed’
- Alycia Baumgardner Puts 130-Pound Division on High Alert with Stunning TKO of Terri Harper to Claim WBC and IBO Belts
- Mikaela Mayer Conquers Maiva Hamadouche in Ferocious Super-Featherweight Unification Clash
- Chantelle Cameron Overwhelms Mary McGee on First Stop of Journey Along ‘The Road to Undisputed