In this post, we will be taking a look at where you can get the best UFC betting tips.
This guide also includes lots of:
- Websites you can get UFC news from
- UFC Betting tips and strategy
- Types of UFC bets
- Placing UFC bets in South Africa
Let’s dive right in!
Betting on the UFC and other MMA fights is very much a matter of research. If you’re looking to place UFC bets, you’re probably already a fan of the sport. That’s a really good thing, because keeping up with the UFC news is going to give you a better chance of understanding the sport and winning your bets.
Where I can Find UFC News and Results?
There are many sites out there that cover UFC news, match-ups and results. Some sites are more serious than others, but if you are looking for info on upcoming UFC bouts and the fighters that will be competing, here is a list of websites you can start with.
UFC Betting Tips and Strategies
Let’s start with the biggest mistakes that first-time UFC betters make.
- Don’t bet on fighters just because you like them. It doesn’t mean that they are going to win every time. Think carefully and strategize properly to make calculated bets that work in your favor. Being a fan of a fighter is ok. Betting on a fighter just because you are a fan is not ok.
- Placing a bet right before a fight, just for the sake of placing a bet is a bad idea. As mentioned, research is massively important. Look at odds, a fighter’s past performances, and the various other factors that could impact a fighter’s performance in an upcoming fight.
- Don’t bet on fights unless you’ve watched both competitors fight. Understanding their fighting tactics can make or break your winning odds. Going back to watch previous fights can be super beneficial to understanding their style better.
Now, the things you should do when you want to start betting.
- Live betting. Live betting in any sport is smart. For the UFC, there is an opportunity to place live bets on who will win the fight. The odds on the live bets can be great and bookmakers often screw up the lines when putting together live betting odds.
- Take advice from other combat sports enthusiasts. Get onto a forum like Sherdog and befriend other users there. You will be pleasantly surprised at the deep insights you can gain from other people.
Types of UFC Bets
Just like most other sports, UFC betting has different types of bets you can place.
Match bets, or Moneyline bets
Match bets, or money line bets, in MMA, is when you bet on the outright winner of the fight. No matter how long the fight lasts, how the fight ends or if it goes down to a judge’s decision. You are simply betting on who will win the fight.
Over/under bets in the UFC means that you are placing a bet on how long the fight will last. For example, if you bet on a championship fight that could last 5 rounds, you will bet on how long the fight will go on for.
UFC Parlay Bets
This is basically a combination of the two previously mentioned betting types. Essentially, you will be betting on how long the fight will last, and who will win.
Placing UFC Bets in South Africa
The popularity of the UFC has exploded on a global scale. Here in South Africa, we have a large number of fans interested in the sport, and now that Supersport is broadcasting the main UFC PPV events, it’s easier than ever before to watch. Placing bets on the UFC in SA is easily done through Sunbet. Betting can be done from the comfort of your own home, online.
Have you ever placed bets on the UFC? What was your biggest win? Let me know in the comments below.