There are many weight loss programs in the market, and Nutrisystem Diet is one of them. The diet has its pros and cons, foods to eat, and those to avoid. It offers prepackaged, formulated, and low-calorie meals. Could you find out more about it in this review?
What is a Nutrisystem?
Nutrisystem is a diet program that comes with portion-controlled meal plans on a regular basis. The diet started by Harold Katz, an entrepreneur, in the 1970s was to help people who needed to lose weight. The diet has evolved over the years, and you can add your groceries, homemade, or restaurant meals to help in your weight loss journey.
The home delivery program caters to diets suitable for women, men, vegetarians, and those with type 2 diabetes. The meals include low glycemic index carbohydrates and lean protein. The plan also emphasizes the need to add fruits, vegetables, and low-fat dairy to your meal plan.
How Does The Nutrisystem Diet Work?
The Nutrisystem caters to a wide variety of customers and offers several programs for varying budgets. Each plan provides three meals in a day, with women having one snack while the men have two. The three Nutrisystem plan levels include Basic, Uniquely Yours, and Uniquely Yours Ultimate.
Each plan has portion-controlled meals, access to online tools, and an app. The basic plan foods are not frozen, while the other two programs offer both non-frozen and frozen options. You can reach out to weight loss experts by phone to ask questions or request support. You can choose your meals or have them selected out for you.
The meal choices depend on your goals, food preferences, and body type. There are no specific times to eat, and you do not have to fast in this program.
Who Should Not Use The Nutrisystem Diet?
The diet is not advisable for people with the following conditions.
- People with celiac disease.
- Pregnant women.
- Lactating mothers of less than four months and if above the baby should be eating solid foods
- Anyone allergic to peanuts, latex, or soy
- People with eating disorders such as bulimia or anorexia
- Those on the keto diet
- Kids below the age of 14
If you are unsure whether you can use the diet or not, it is appropriate to consult with your doctor before trying it.
- It is a convenient meal plan as it offers delivery to your home. Since the meals come pre-portioned, it makes your weight loss journey easy to follow.
- It offers a balanced diet with foods containing fats, carbohydrates, protein, vegetables, fruits, and fiber.
- Support is available whenever you get stuck. You get to learn the kinds of workouts to incorporate into your training to help you lose weight. It also guides you on how you can maintain your weight after hitting your target.
- It helps make healthy lifestyle choices as it also encourages workouts.
- Has a wide variety of foods, including supplementary foods, snacks, and flexible meals to choose from. It has grocery lists that are simple to follow.
- It is expensive for most people as not everyone can afford the diet’s plans.
- It includes processed meals that may not be a healthy food choice. Consuming burgers, cheese, macaroni, or buns can make it hard for you to cut them from your diet, making you add weight again.
- It may not work for people with specialized diets. Though the program has an option for vegetarians, it has no vegan, gluten-free, or dairy-free diets.
Is It Suitable For People With Diabetes Or Heart Issues?
People with diabetes can benefit from the program as it offers meals low on the glycemic index; thus, it helps lower blood pressure. Therefore, it will be ideal for anyone with diabetes and wants a healthy diet plan that allows for weight loss. The diet is heart-friendly as it is low in trans-fats, saturated fats, and sodium; thus, anyone with high blood pressure or high cholesterol can use it.
Is Nutrisystem Worth Trying?
If you have been looking for the right program to help you in your weight loss journey, then Nutrisystem is worth trying. Portion control is one way to help cut weight, which is what the plan advocates for in every meal it delivers. It also encourages a healthy diet inclusive of all food groups, making it a healthy option.
The meals are low on calories, and it is advisable to have a workout routine to go together with the diet. It offers you support from nutrition experts, and you can get advice on any area you need help with.