8) Tampa Bay Vipers – This should be Quinton Flowers getting a REAL chance to play this weekend!
7) Matt McGloin, New York Guardians – McGloin has issues on the field in this past weekend’s loss to the Defenders and off the field made it even worse as McGloin complained about the play-calling while never once bringing up the large number of throws he just missed on. I do realize that players and coaches will get after each other during games and that’s normal, but McGloin needs to know when to shut up!
6) Brandon Silvers, Seattle Dragons – Silvers was bad except for one long touchdown pass to Keenan Reynolds, but at least he got a win. If he doesn’t start playing better though, he won’t get many of them.
5) Josh Johnson, L.A. Wildcats – Johnson had his moments but just like Landry Jones in Dallas, missing most of camp and the first game means it will take him a while to get his feet under him.
4) Landry Jones, Dallas Renegades – Jones threw for over 300 yards but made a couple of really bad mistakes. He is not mobile and still looked like he might be playing injured, but if he stays healthy he will slowly improve every week.
3) Jordan Ta’amu, St. Louis BattleHawks – Ta’amu is accurate and has solid mechanics, and you can see him improve right before your very eyes every time he drops back to throw.
2) Cardale Jones, D.C. Defenders – Jones came out of college too soon and a league like this can help him develop into an NFL quarterback. Outside of one throw into double coverage in the second half of the Defenders win over New York, Jones was spot on.
1) P.J. Walker, Houston Roughnecks – Walker was on target for the second week in a row. If this continues an XFL MVP and a shot in an NFL camp will soon follow. He has the innate ability to make something out of nothing, you can’t teach that!