32) Miami Dolphins – I am thinking that we can make this a permanent place for the season, right?
31) New York Giants – Do you get the feeling Daniel Jones is about to be thrown to the Wolves? I do!
30) Cincinnati Bengals – It’s hard to believe there could be teams worse than Cincinnati. The Bengals offensive line is one of the worst I have ever seen and the way this team quit against the 49ers makes you wonder if they could push the Dolphins for 32nd.
29) Washington Redskins – Case Keenum is playing well enough to delay the Dwayne Haskins era in Washington, but not well enough to win games.
28) Jacksonville Jaguars – The Jags are in trouble as Jalen Ramsey wants out and Nick Foles is hurt.
27) Denver Broncos – They should have beat Chicago and they didn’t. The Broncos defense needs to step it up and Joe Flacco needs to return to the days of old.
26) Arizona Cardinals – Kyler Murray looks like the real deal; the rest of the team is lacking. Murray will keep them in most games, but there is not enough around him to win more than 5.
25) Carolina Panthers – Cam Newton has been awful and that leads to a long season in Carolina.
24) New York Jets – Injuries are wrecking what was looking like a decent season in New York.
23) Pittsburgh Steelers – The Steelers have lost Big Ben and this roster is lacking in the talent required to be a playoff team.
22) Oakland Raiders – The Raiders are improved from last year, but they are still a year or two away from contention.
21) Cleveland Browns – They beat a depleted Jets team, so I am not impressed yet.
20) Tampa Bay Buccaneers – If Jameis Winston can string together a few good games with limited turnovers the Bucs could be a factor in an injury-prone NFC South.
19) Houston Texans – The Texans pulled one out by the skin of there teeth. They need more consistent play and J.J. watt to get it going again.
18) Chicago Bears – With Mitch Trubisky at the helm the Bears are in trouble.
17) Tennessee Titans – The Titans are what they are, a tough team but still not explosive enough on offense.
16) LA Chargers – Injuries have killed the Chargers and Quarterback Phillip Rivers looks to be slowing down.
15) New Orleans Saints – If Teddy Bridgewater is at the helm for the Saints, it won’t end well.
14) Detroit Lions – The Lions are a dark horse to make the playoffs and they should be 2-0 right now.
13) Atlanta Falcons – The Falcons defense is underrated but the offense has issues with poor offensive line play, which could be the downfall of this team in the end.
12) Indianapolis Colts – Jacoby Brissett is playing well and this team could be 2-0 right now. They look like they are setting up to make a run at an AFC South title.
11) Philadelphia Eagles – Like many teams already on this list, injuries are already taking a toll on the Eagles.
10) Buffalo Bills – This is a tough, hard-nosed team that I think will find itself in the playoffs at the end of this season.
9) Minnesota Vikings – Is Kirk Cousins good enough to get the Vikings over the hump?
8) Baltimore Ravens – The Ravens have beaten the Cardinals and Dolphins, that’s not exactly great competition, but they have looked good in doing it.
7) Seattle Seahawks – The Seahawks have Russell Wilson and that’s good enough on its own to make them a playoff team.
6) Green Bay Packers – The Packers defense has improved big time. The question now is has it improved enough to make a Super Bowl run?
5) San Francisco 49ers – I know I have them rated higher than most do, but this is a complete team that is only going to get better.
4) LA Rams – The Rams defense is very good once again. A Super Bowl run will hinge on how much Jared Goff can improve during the season.
3) Kansas City Chiefs – Still winning without one of their weapons, but they have so many, so does it matter? I do worry about the running back position for the Chiefs and stopping the run.
2) Dallas Cowboys – The Boys are the real deal so far this season and as long as Jason Garrett doesn’t screw it up, this could be the Cowboys year.
1) New England Patriots – The Patriots look like the number one team in the NFL to me because of their defense.