Publish Date: 09/04/2019
Fact checked by: Mark Lewis
32) Miami Dolphins – The Dolphins’ actions last week will tell you even they don’t believe they can win this year. The future could be bright with all of the draft picks lined up though.
31) Arizona Cardinals – Coach Kliff Kingsbury looks to be in over his head. Hopefully, they will not ruin quarterback Kyler Murray but they probably will.
30) Cincinnati Bengals – The Bengals have a horrific offensive line and they start the season off with no A.J. Green. Throw in the fact that they have no linebackers and it does not look promising for the Bengals.
29) New York Giants – If Eli Manning has something left in the tank the Giants could win more games than expected. As of right now though, there is no reason to assume that he does.
28) Tampa Bay Buccaneers – The Bucs are loaded on offense and could be a huge surprise with a big year from Jameis Winston, but I am not holding my breath on this one.
27) Washington Redskins – A bad head coach and maybe the worst owner in the league give little hope in the nation’s capital. But Derrius Guice running the ball and possibly Dwayne Haskins throwing the ball means the Skins could be exciting later on in the season.
26) Denver Broncos – If Joe Flacco can stay healthy and be the Joe Flacco of old they could be a contender.
25) Oakland Raiders – The Raiders have upgraded the roster, but they seem like a time bomb waiting to go off.
24) Indianapolis Colts – If you think this is too low of a ranking you will soon find out why I have them this low. Brissett is a capable quarterback, but the loss of Andrew Luck makes running back Marlon Mack not as dangerous because without the threat of Luck he is average. Also, to be a Super Bowl contender without Luck the Colts will need a dominant defense and they do not have that either.
23) San Fransisco 49ers – I was high on this team a month ago, but I’m not as high now. Jimmy G. has to prove he is an elite quarterback. If he does they are a contender.
22) Detroit Lions – Offensive talent is there and the defense is improving. This is a team that I really expect to move up these rankings.
21) New York Jets – The Jets could do the same thing the Bears did last year! The Jets are overflowing with young talent and if things fall right they could be a serious contender for a Wild Card position this year.
20) Tennessee Titans – The Titans will be around .500, as always, and if Mariota or Tannehill step up they could win the suddenly wide-open AFC South.
19) Buffalo Bills – The Bills and Jets are both at the same place at almost the same time, and one of them is going to sneak into the playoffs.
18) Carolina Panthers – If Newton and McCaffrey stay healthy the playoffs are in range for the Panthers.
17) Green Bay Packers – A lot of questions exist for the Packers, and with that being said, they are still a playoff contender because of Aaron Rodgers.
16) Minnesota Vikings – If Kirk Cousins comes up big and the Vikings defense can return to 2017 form the Vikings will be in the hunt.
15) Atlanta Falcons – The offensive line should be improved and the defense is underrated. Like others, if things fall in place this could be a big year in Atlanta.
14) Pittsburgh Steelers – Devin Bush will be a big pickup and don’t be surprised if the old addition by subtraction narrative pops up before it is all said and done.
13) Houston Texans – A trade can change a lot and with Laremy Tusil now ready to help protect DeShaun Watson the Texans are suddenly a dangerous team.
12) Cleveland Browns – As the old Public Enemy song said, “Don’t Believe the Hype”! This is a talented roster, but they are lacking big-time on the offensive line.
11) Baltimore Ravens – The Ravens are the best team in the AFC North if Lamar Jackson steps up. If he doesn’t, third place in the division calls.
10) Dallas Cowboys – They need Zeke in the lineup and a big year from Dak, but will they get it?
9) Jacksonville Jaguars – The entire NFL seems to be sleeping on the Jags, but they won’t be much longer. The addition of quarterback Nick Foles to a team with a stellar defense makes the Jags the favorite in the luckless AFC South.
8) Chicago Bears – I rate them this high because they deserve it coming off last year. I do not expect them to stay this high because Mitch Trubisky is their quarterback.
7) Seattle Seahawks – The Seahawks addition of Clowney puts this team up a few spots from where I started them off at.
6) L.A. Chargers – Melvin Gordon’s holdout hurts them, but they have Rivers and a nice compliment of players on offense. If they get Gordon back, they could make a Super Bowl run.
5) L.A. Rams – Gurley’s health questions have them this low. Also, Jared Goff is the quarterback and I am still not sold on him.
4) New Orleans Saints – Brees, Kamara, and company will score points and the defense gets better every year. Could this be Brees’ last shot at ring number two?
3) Kansas City Chiefs – A devastating offense makes this team a serious contender. Can the defense and Coach Reid get it done?
2) New England Patriots – No Gronk, but they still got Brady and Belichick
1) Philadelphia Eagles – The best roster in the NFL and the second best coach in the NFL. If Carson Wentz can stay healthy the Eagles will soar.