Publish Date: 02/11/2018
Fact checked by: Mike Goodpaster
1) Cleveland Browns: Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA – The Browns cross their fingers that they finally found their quarterback.
2) New York Giants: Sam Darnold, QB, USC – The Giants find their quarterback of the future and Darnold gets time to fix his technique issues before becoming an NFL starter.
3) Indianapolis Colts: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State – With question marks around Andrew Luck’s status for 2018, the Colts add an offensive playmaker.
4) Cleveland Browns: Minkah Fitzpatrick, S, Bama – The Browns improve immensely on defense with the addition of the draft’s best safety.
5) Denver Broncos: Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU- When and if the Broncos acquire Kirk Cousins, they may be looking to add another receiving threat.
6) New York Jets: Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma – Mayfield is the type of competitor Todd Bowles appreciates.
7) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State – The Buccaneers may target Derwin James, but can’t they pass up on Chubb when he falls in their laps
8) Chicago Bears: James Washington, WR, Oklahoma – The Bears add a weapon for their young quarterback.
9) San Francisco 49ers: Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State – The 49ers get the best corner in the draft.
10) Oakland Raiders: Matt McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame – Jon Gruden adds a piece to help keep David Carr healthy.
11) Miami Dolphins: Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame – The Dolphins improve offensively by adding the draft’s top guard.
12) Cincinnati Bengals: Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech – The Bengals turn some heads by passing on offensive line help in the first round.
13) Washington Redskins: Arden Key, DE, LSU – The Redskins add a top pass rusher with Key.
14) Green Bay Packers: Derwin James, CB, Florida State – The Packers look to improve their dreadful secondary with the addition of James.
15) Arizona Cardinals: Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State– The Cardinals need to find their next quarterback and Rudolph could be the steal of the first round at this spot.
16) Baltimore Ravens: Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia – Smith falls farther than expected, but the Ravens are not complaining.
17) Los Angeles Chargers: Rashaan Evans, LB, Bama – Evans is a three-down linebacker who instantly improves the Chargers defense
18) Seattle Seahawks: Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma – The Seahawks need to get more out of their offense, and fixing the line is step one.
19) Dallas Cowboys: Brian O’Neil, OT, Pitt – The Cowboys’ decline from 2016 to 2017 came from their losses up front. They seek to rectify that here.
20) Detroit Lions: Da’Ron Payne, DT, Bama – Matt Patricia gets a stud for to put in the middle of his defense.
21) Buffalo Bills: Calvin Ridley, WR, Bama – Even with 2017 second round pick Zay Jones likely to improve in 2018, receiver is still their top need.
22) Buffalo Bills: Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming – After using their first pick to fill their biggest need, they use their second pick to fill their perceived biggest need.
23) Los Angeles Rams: Joshua Jackson, CB, Iowa – Trumaine Johnson isn’t getting any cheaper.
24) Carolina Panthers: Marcus Davenport, DE, UT-San Antonio – The Panthers get a much needed pass rusher.
25) Tennessee Titans: Harold Landry, OLB, Boston College – Mike Vrabel’s first pick is his spitting image.
26) Atlanta Falcons: Vita Vea, DT, Washington – Vea gives them what they wanted with Dontari Poe.
27) New Orleans Saints: Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville – The Saints get their quarterback of the future.
28) Pittsburgh Steelers: Derrius Guice, RB, LSU – Le’Veon Bell may be known for his patience, but the Steelers won’t just wait around to see if he decides to play in 2018.
29) Jacksonville Jaguars: Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State – The Jags add a playmaking tight end who is also big enough and strong enough to open holes for Leonard Fournette.
30) Minnesota Vikings: Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan – Mike Zimmer continues to improve his defense with this pick.
31) New England Patriots: Connor Williams, OT, Texas – Let’s be honest, Bill Belichick will probably trade out of the first round, but if he doesn’t the team could use help at offensive tackle where they stand to have free agent losses.
32) Philadelphia Eagles: Malik Jefferson, LB, Texas – The Eagles continue to add depth and talent to their front seven.