Publish Date: 02/08/2017
Fact checked by: Mark Lewis
1) Cleveland Browns: Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M. New defensive coordinator Gregg Williams’s arrival in Cleveland will mean a shift to a 4-3 defense for the Browns, and Garrett is the best defensive end in this draft.
2) San Francisco 49ers: Mitch Trubisky QB, North Carolina. Trubisky is flawed, but as of right now it looks like the 49ers are going to take a chance with him.
3) Chicago Bears: Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson. It looks like this pick will be Watson or Kizer, the Pro days and combines for these two QB’s could decide who goes here. If either impress enough they could move to number two.
4) Jacksonville Jaguars: Jonathan Allen, DT/DE, Alabama. Allen brings an attitude to the defensive side of the ball that the Jaguars are sorely lacking.
5) Tennessee Titans: Jamal Adams, S, LSU. Strengthens the back-end of the Titans defense.
6) New York Jets: Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State. Revis replacement will arrive at this spot in the draft.
7) Los Angeles Chargers: Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State. Hooker would fill a glaring need for the Chargers.
8) Carolina Panthers: Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU. This pick will either be a huge bust or a great pick: There will be no in between. Injury problems have to be a concern, but when healthy, Fournette is as good as you will ever see.
9) Cincinnati Bengals: Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama. Bengals have a mediocre linebacking corps outside of Vontaze Burfict and Foster immediately makes them better.
10) Buffalo Bills: Deshon Kizer, QB, Notre Dame. I think the Bills have greater needs, but it seems they want current QB Tyrod Taylor gone.
11) New Orleans Saints: Sidney Jones, CB, Washington. Jones is long, rangy and very athletic.
12) Cleveland Browns: Ryan Ramczek, OT, Wisconsin. This pick would improve the line right away; now if the Browns can find a QB to put behind him…
13) Arizona Cardinals: Mike Williams, WR, Clemson. Larry Fitzgerald is getting older and would make an excellent tutor for Williams, who is a beast.
14) Indianapolis Colts: Derrick Barnett, DE, Tennessee. Barnett looks like he could be an elite pass rusher in the NFL.
15). Philadelphia Eagles: Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State. The Eagles need an explosive playmaker and Cook is definitely that.
16) Baltimore Ravens: Teez Tabor, CB, Florida. Helps fill a need; as a team overall, the Ravens need more speed.
17) Washington Redskins: John Ross, WR, Washington. If the Skins lose Desean Jackson to free agency, they can replace him with Ross, an explosive playmaker.
18) Tennessee Titans: Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan. This would give Mariota a big time weapon to throw to.
19) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Jabril Peppers, S, Michigan. The Bucs have a need here and Peppers fills it.
20) Denver Broncos: Garrett Bolles, OT, Utah. Bolles fills a huge need that the Broncos have on the offensive line.
21) Detroit Lions: Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama. the Lions need help on defense, especially on the back end.
22) Miami Dolphins: Taco Charlton, LB, Michigan. If you watched the playoff game against the Steelers, you know they need linebacker help.
23) New York Giants: Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama. The Giants need an offensive lineman, and this would be a steal this late in the first round.
24). Oakland Raiders: Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida. Wilson would fill a big need here.
25) Houston Texans: O. J. Howard, TE, Alabama. Howard could end up moving higher than this on the draft board.
26) Seattle Seahawks: Dan Feeney, OG, Indiana. Feeney established himself as a first-round pick with a dominating Senior Bowl week. The Seahawks can with this pick strengthen their team at two positions by moving Ifedi to tackle.
27) Kansas City Chiefs: Tim Williams, DE, Alabama. Williams is way too good to pass on here.
28) Dallas Cowboys: Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford. Thomas shores up a big need for the Cowboys. I expect Thomas to shoot up this board when it is all said and done.
29) Green Bay Packers: Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson. This would be a great pick for the Packers. This draft is stacked at Cornerback.
30) Pittsburgh Steelers: Sidney Jones, CB, Washington. This would be beyond a steal: Jone could get lost in the shuffle with so many great DB’s being in this draft.
31) Atlanta Falcons: Charles Harris, Edge, Missouri. The Falcons need to add depth to their pass rush. This pick would go a long way to getting the defense where it needs to be.
32) New England Patriots: DeMarcus Walker, DE, Florida State. Walker could be a steal here.