(Photo Courtesy of Si.com)
With the 2017 Senior Bowl now in the book, The Grueling Truth takes a second look at the upcoming NFL Draft. After the happenings of Senior Bowl week, we’ve tweaked our version 1.0 mock draft as follows…
1) Cleveland Browns: Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M. New defensive coordinator Gregg Williams’s arrival in Cleveland will mean a shift to a 4-3 defense for the Browns, and Garrett is the best defensive end in this draft.
2) San Francisco 49ers: Mitch Trubisky QB, North Carolina. Trubisky is flawed, but as of right now it looks like the 49ers are going to take a chance with him.
3) Chicago Bears: Jonathan Allen, DE/DT, Alabama. The Bears need a QB, but they would be hard-pressed to pass on Allen. Allen was, to say the least, dominant in college, and he will be in the NFL also.
4) Jacksonville Jaguars: Jamal Adams, S, LSU. Adams brings an attitude to the defensive side of the ball that the Jaguars are sorely lacking.
5) Tennessee Titans: Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State. The Titans winning one of the most lopsided trades in history will help to make them a Super Bowl contender for years to come. I think Hooker is the best safety in the draft and would be a great addition to an improving Titans defense.
6) New York Jets: Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State. Revis replacement will arrive at this spot in the draft.
7) San Diego Chargers: Jabrill Peppers, S, Michigan. This fills a huge need for the Chargers defense.
8) Carolina Panthers: Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU. This pick will either be a huge bust or a great pick: There will be no in between. Injury problems have to be a concern, but when healthy, Fournette is as good as you will ever see.
9) Cincinnati Bengals: Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama. Bengals have a mediocre linebacking corps outside of Vontaze Burfict and Foster immediately makes them better.
10) Buffalo Bills: Tre’Davious White, CB, LSU. His stock is rising quickly.
11) New Orleans Saints: Sidney Jones, CB, Washington. Jones is long, rangy and very athletic.
12) Cleveland Browns: Ryan Ramczek, OT, Wisconsin. This pick would improve the line right away; now if the Browns can find a QB to put behind him…
13) Arizona Cardinals: Mike Williams, WR, Clemson. Larry Fitzgerald is getting older and would make an excellent tutor for Williams, who is a beast.
14) Indianapolis Colts: Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State. The Colts need to address the defense, but they cannot afford to pass on Cook. He would be a perfect replacement for 34-year-old Frank Gore.
15). Philadelphia Eagles: Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida. I would not be surprised if the Eagles trade up to try to get an explosive playmaker like a Dalvin Cook or a Mike Williams. If they can’t, Wilson would be a solid pick to shore up the back end of their defense.
16) Baltimore Ravens: Teez Tabor, CB, Florida. Helps fill a need; as a team overall, the Ravens need more speed.
17) Washington Redskins: John Ross, WR, Washington. If the Skins lose Desean Jackson to free agency, they can replace him with Ross, an explosive playmaker.
18) Tennessee Titans: Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama. Humphrey is as adept at playing man as he is playing zone.
20) Denver Broncos: Garrett Bolles, OT, Utah. Bolles fills a huge need that the Broncos have on the offensive line.
21) Detroit Lions: Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford. This pick would make the Lions a much more balanced offense.
22) Miami Dolphins: Taco Charlton, LB, Michigan. If you watched the playoff game against the Steelers, you know they need linebacker help.
23) New York Giants: Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama. The Giants need an offensive lineman, and this would be a steal this late in the first round.
24). Oakland Raiders: Adoree’ Jackson, CB, USC. Jackson is raw, but he is a playmaker in the defensive backfield and the return game.
25) Houston Texans: Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson. Finally maybe the Texans can get a QB. This is a great situation for Watson, and a lot of pressure if he starts right away can be relieved with perhaps the best defense in the NFL on the team.
26) Seattle Seahawks: Dan Feeney, OG, Indiana. Feeney established himself as a first-round pick with a dominating Senior Bowl week. The Seahawks can with this pick strengthen their team at two positions by moving Ifedi to tackle.
27) Kansas City Chiefs: Tim Williams, DE, Alabama. Williams is way too good to pass on here.
28) Dallas Cowboys: Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford. Thomas shores up a big need for the Cowboys.
29) Green Bay Packers: Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson. This would be a great pick for the Packers. This draft is stacked at Cornerback.
30) Pittsburgh Steelers: Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan. This would be beyond a steal: Davis is going to be a big-time NFL receiver.
31) Atlanta Falcons: Charles Harris, Edge, Missouri. The Falcons need to upgrade their pass rush. This pick would go a long way to getting the defense where it needs to be.
32) New England Patriots: O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama. This is insurance, just in case Gronk can’t stay healthy.
If you enjoy hearing from the legends of pro sports, then be sure to tune into “The Grueling Truth” sports shows, “Where the legends speak”
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Players must be 21 years of age or older or reach the minimum age for gambling in their respective state and located in jurisdictions where online gambling is legal. Please play responsibly. Bet with your head, not over it. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, and wants help, call or visit: (a) the Council on Compulsive Gambling of New Jersey at 1-800-Gambler or www.800gambler.org; or (b) Gamblers Anonymous at 855-2-CALL-GA or www.gamblersanonymous.org.
This site is using Cloudflare and adheres to the Google Safe Browsing Program. We adapted Google's Privacy Guidelines to keep your data safe at all times.