Publish Date: 04/16/2017
Fact checked by: Simon Briffa
1) Cleveland Browns: Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M. Defensive Coordinator, Gregg Williams’s arrival in Cleveland, will mean a shift to a 4-3 defense for the Browns, and Garrett is the best defensive end in this draft.
2) San Francisco 49ers: Malik Hooker. S, Ohio State. Fills a huge need and could be the best player in this draft. All the talk you hear about possibly picking a running back at number two I think is all smoke and mirrors. I believe they are trying to entice a team like the Panthers into panicking and then offering too much to get the Niners second pick. Now if the Niners make that trade I could see them picking McCaffrey or Cook because I think those players would be a better fit for the Niners offense.
3) Chicago Bears: Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State. Fills a huge need for the Bears.
4) Jacksonville Jaguars: Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU. It is time to give Blake Bortles some help on offense.
5) Tennessee Titans: Jamal Adams, S, LSU. The Titans may be more than just a playoff contender this year.
6) New York Jets: Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina. This pick would be a big-time gamble for the Jets.
7) San Diego Chargers: Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford. Thomas is way to good for the Chargers to pass on. Teamed with Joey Bosa these guys could make the Chargers instantly dominant.
8) Carolina Panthers: Jonathon Allen, DT, Alabama. Much like Thomas, Allen is too good to pass on at this pick.
9) Cincinnati Bengals: Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee. Barnett has huge potential.
10) Buffalo Bills: Mike Williams, WR, Clemson. Best WR in this draft?
11) New Orleans Saints: Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama. Fills a need.
12) Cleveland Browns: DeShaun Watson, QB, Clemson. This is a risky pick for the Browns, but I would take the chance here if I was them.
13) Arizona Cardinals: O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama. Will be a key fixture on this offense right away.
14) Philadelphia Eagles: Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford. Perfect complement at running back for Carson Wentz’s offense.
15) Indianapolis Colts: Rueben Foster, LB, Alabama. The Colts need a lot of help on defense and this seems like a good place to start.
16) Baltimore Ravens: Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan. Flacco needs a weapon, Davis could be that weapon.
17) Washington Redskins: Zach Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt. Quite possibly the best all-around linebacker in this draft.
18) Tennessee Titans: John Ross, WR, Washington. This would be a huge addition for Marcus Mariota.
19) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Jabrill Peppers, S, Michigan. A big addition to a team that is close to being special.
20) Denver Broncos: Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama. Upgrades a bad offensive line.
21) Detroit Lions: Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan. The Lions need an edge pass rusher.
22) Miami Dolphins: Hassan Reddick, LB, Temple. The Dolphins need to upgrade this position.
23) New York Giants: Ryan Ramcyzk, T, Wisconsin. Giants need Offensive Line help; they get it with this pick.
24) Oakland Raiders: Gareon Conley, CB, Ohio State. The Raiders need to strengthen the secondary.
25) Houston Texans: Patrick Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech. The Texans are a QB away from being a Super Bowl contender.
26) Seattle Seahawks: Garrett Bolles, G/T, Utah. Seahawks need to upgrade the offensive line to make another Super Bowl run.
27) Kansas City Chiefs: Davis Webb, QB, California. Webb has been quickly going up some draft boards and the Chiefs need a replacement for Alex Smith if they want to get to the Super Bowl.
28) Dallas Cowboys: Takkarist McKinley, OLB/DE, UCLA. Cowboys need to be more athletic on defense.
29) Green Bay Packers: T.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin. Athletic playmaker on defense.
30) Pittsburgh Steelers: Charles Harris, DE, Missouri. Could be a special player.
31) Atlanta Falcons: Carl Lawson, DE, Auburn. Athletic playmaker for the Falcons.
32) New Orleans Saints: Jarad Davis, LB, Florida. The Saints will try to rebuild the defense in this draft.