While it’s undeniably easy (again) to label Tom Brady the GOAT, who’s the best quarterback in the NFL *right now*, based on extremely recent short-term results? Not necessarily easy and fairly difficult to prove in any meaningful sense – but that’s what the internet is for! Presenting The Grueling Truth’s NFL Quarterback Power Rankings going into week 3 of the 2017 NFL season.
1) Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons. Ryan picked apart the Green Bay Packers defense just like last year, and this looks like another big season for Ryan.
2) Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions. If you don’t think Stafford is worth every penny of his new contract, you’re crazy. Stafford has no running game, and he still keeps rolling along. And with Stafford at QB, the Lions can win the NFC North.
3) Derek Carr, Oakland Raiders. Carr has picked up where he left off before his 2016 season was cut short by injury. The AFC West looks like it will be a beast to win this year, but with Carr at the helm, the Raiders will be in the race until the end.
4) Alex Smith, Kansas City Chiefs. Smith is making himself very hard to replace and if the Chiefs do next offseason after Smith continues playing at his current pace, a lot of teams will come calling.
5) Tom Brady, New England Patriots. Rumors of Tom Brady’s demise have been proven false once again, as he torched the Saints on Sunday.
6) Trevor Siemian, Denver Broncos. Siemian is proving that the Broncos never needed to draft Paxton Lynch and with the Broncos defense, this team could make a deep run.
7) Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers. Injuries to the offensive line are a big reason for Rodgers’s drop in such power rankings lists.
8) Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers. The Steelers offense isn’t clicking yet, but when it does, I expect Ben to move up quickly in these ratings.
9) Carson Wentz, Philadelphia Eagles. Wentz and the Eagles are for real! I expect them to make a serious playoff run this year.
T – 10) Jameis Winston, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
T – 10) Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints. Brees has played well; he’s just on a team with the worst defense in the NFL. Winston has only played one game against a Bears team that is not very good, but he did play well.
Download The Grueling Truth app in the iTunes store!
Follow The Grueling Truth on Twitter @GruelingTruth and Like us on Facebook.
Players must be 21 years of age or older or reach the minimum age for gambling in their respective state and located in jurisdictions where online gambling is legal. Please play responsibly. Bet with your head, not over it. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, and wants help, call or visit: (a) the Council on Compulsive Gambling of New Jersey at 1-800-Gambler or www.800gambler.org; or (b) Gamblers Anonymous at 855-2-CALL-GA or www.gamblersanonymous.org.
This site is using Cloudflare and adheres to the Google Safe Browsing Program. We adapted Google's Privacy Guidelines to keep your data safe at all times.