If you gamble online you have probably heard about bonus codes, but if you haven’t, this article will explain how you can use bonus codes to bet on sports like NBA, NHL, soccer, and more as well as play free games at online casinos for real money. Bonus codes are often used to claim different promotions and there are different types which we explain below.
What is a Bonus Code and Where to Find It?
A bonus code is usually a phrase or word that players enter when they make a deposit at an online casino or sportsbook. A bonus code can be used to activate a number of different types of bonuses including free spins, deposit offers, reload, free bets, and even no deposit deals.
Players get codes from the online bookmaker’s website or a casino website or from a website that lists bonus codes. You might not see the term bonus code, it can also be referred to as promo code, signup code, coupon code, or promotion code. They are all the same though. Some online gambling sites may have a number of different codes for their offers so you may see different codes all for the same site and you will need to decide which one will work best for you.
Online Casino Bonus Codes
There are a number of different casino bonuses that players can claim, and these include:
- Deposit/Match Bonus: This is an instant bonus that is reserved for new players and is given on the first deposit they make. A typical example is 100% match up to $100.
- No Deposit Bonus: This is the most sought after of all the bonus codes and for good reason too. This is a risk-free bonus where the casino will give new players free money to play with when then register for an account. It’s not the same as using the fun play option that many online gambling sites offer. With a no deposit bonus you get free cash that can be used to win real money. Amounts can vary but typically range from $5 to $25. There are wagering requirements and terms and conditions as well as a maximum amount that you can cash out, but there is absolutely no risk and they are a great way to test out a new casino site. There are lots of great sites that offer a full list of no deposit bonus codes.
- Free Spins: These bonus codes are for slots players only and can be found for new and regular casino players. They can form part of a welcome bonus, be offered as a no deposit offer, and part of regular player promotions too. There are new wager free offers available too. The free spins can be for a particular slot machine or used for a selection of games. If you’re a slots fan they are the perfect choice.
- Reload Bonus: This is an incentive offers to players that deposit regularly. You’ll find weekly, daily, and monthly reload bonus codes for many to the top online casinos and the percentage match can vary from 20% up to 300%.
There are sticky and non-sticky bonuses, and all offers come with wagering requirements and terms and conditions. It is important to understand these. A stick bonus is free casino money that can be used to play games but cannot be withdrawn. You can withdraw your winnings after you meet the wagering requirements, but the bonus amount will be removed from your account. A non-sticky bonus is an opposite.
Sports Betting Bonus Codes
If you are a fan of sports betting, there are a number of bonus codes for gambling on your favourite sport too. They include:
- Deposit Bonuses: The sportsbook welcome bonus is reserved for new signups and gives new members free bonus money based on their first deposit. This can be similar to the match deposit bonus offered by online casinos and an example is a 100% bonus up to $50.
- No Deposit Bonuses: For online sports betting fans these bonus codes are a great way to test out a new bookmaker without risking your own money. Once you complete the registration form you will be given free money that usually comes in the form of a free bet.
- First Bet Bonus: This bonus requires new customers to make a deposit with the sportsbook and place their first bet. After the bet has been made, a percentage or match bonus based on your first bet will be added to your account in bonus money. There are minimum betting odds that have to be used to claim the bonus. A first bet bonus can also come in the form of an insurance bet. In this case, your first bet will have insurance on it so even if you lose, you get your money back.
- Special Sports Bonuses: A lot of online sports betting sites offer bonuses on certain sports too. These can be special bonuses for bets on NHL, MBA, NFL, Tennis, Rugby, and the latest football fixtures. It can be a deposit, no deposit, or a first bet bonus, and there are lots of great bonus codes available for all the popular sports. These bonus codes can be used by new and regular sports bettors and are always worth using. There are terms and conditions, so it is important to read and understand these before claiming any bonus code.
Things to Know about Bonus Codes
Now that you know the different types of codes that are available for sportsbooks and online casinos, there are some other important things to be aware of.
- Make sure you understand what you are signing up for and that you follow the latest news for football
- The best way to enter a bonus code is to copy and paste it. That way you won’t make a mistake.
- Don’t worry about capitalization. It won’t affect the bonus code.
- Bonus codes can expire so it is important to make sure that when looking for special offers and promo codes that you check the expiration dates.
- When searching for promotional codes it is worth noting that a lot of search engines will bring up no deposit bonuses, but they are not the same. There are different types of codes and you will need to search for the ones that you want to use and that will be lucrative to your gambling needs.