Publish Date: 10/22/2017
Fact checked by: Simon Briffa
Seedings, schmeedings. Once the CFL playoff bracket is set, you might just as well throw the seedings out the window. With the way things stand, the sharpest-looking team will enter the Grey Cup playoffs as the supposed no. 6 seed – and there’s lots of other stuff that doesn’t make any sense, either. Just check out the Grueling truth’s CFL power rankings for this week and you’ll see what we mean…
1) Calgary Stampeders – The Stamps have had a great season. The question is are they looking vulnerable headed into the playoffs? This is a veteran team so maybe it’s boredom? Or maybe the Riders are just that good?
2) Saskatchewan Roughriders – Actually it was real hard for me not to just put the Riders number one here. Duron Carter gets a pick six off Bo Levi Mitchell and the Stamps only score 7 points. The Riders are very much a real Grey Cup contender.
3) Winnipeg Blue Bombers – The Bombers have not played as well of late and the question for them is much the same as the question for the Stamps: Are they in trouble or maybe just a little bored?
4) Edmonton Eskimos – The Edmonton Eskimos completed an impressive comeback on the road in their 35-29 overtime victory against the BC Lions on Saturday night, scoring an incredible 22 unanswered points after surrendering 22 unanswered points earlier in the game. The Esks have now won three straight and are still in the fight for second place in the West Division with just two games left to play.
5) Toronto Argonauts – The Argos are on the brink of an Eastern title and have played well over the last month or so of the season. All they need to win the East is an Ottawa loss this week or to win themselves in week 20.
6) Ottawa Redblacks – The Redblacks were on a bye this week.
7) Hamilton Tigers-Cats – The Ti-Cats beat Montreal, thats not saying much, but they have been beating almost everybody since new head coach June Jones has taken over.
8) BC Lions – The Lions once again blew a close game – kind of the story of their season.
9) Montreal Alouettes – They still suck.
Download The Grueling Truth app in the iTunes store!
Follow The Grueling Truth on Twitter @GruelingTruth and Like us on Facebook.