Publish Date: 09/18/2017
Fact checked by: Mark Lewis
In this week’s CFL quarterback power rankings, the guy who took a bye grabs the no. 1 spot, while the league’s all-time leader in wins and currently on a 7-game win streak is no. *2*. About the only shocker about no. 9, meanwhile, is that it’s not a Tiger-Cat QB…
1) Matt Nichols, Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Nichols did nothing to lose his ranking during the bye week, but more importantly nobody did enough to take it, either.
2) Bo Levi Mitchell, Calgary Stampeders. As he proved once again in the Stamps’ win over the Lions, nobody controls a game like Bo Levi Mitchell.
3) Ricky Ray, Toronto Argonauts. This late in the season, there can be no doubt about the importance of having a healthy Ricky Ray.
4) Mike Reilly, Edmonton Eskimos. Reilly has carried his team all year and as of right now whatever successes this team has will be attributed to him.
5) Kevin Glenn, Saskatchewan Roughriders. He didn’t play last week due to a injury but his Riders won anyway.
6) Trevor Harris, Ottawa Redblacks. Harris is out and we really aren’t sure how long he will be out. I think he will return sometime in the next couple of weeks.
7) Jonathon Jennings, B.C. Lions. Jennings is a turnover machine and he proved it once again with three picks in the Lions’ 27-13 loss to the Stampeders.
8) Jeremiah Masoli, Hamilton Tiger-Cats. Masoli almost led a late rally that could have sent the game with Saskatchewan to overtime, but if you are a Ti-Cat fan, you must face the fact that Masoli is just a really good backup CFL quarterback.
9) Darian Durant, Montreal Alouettes. It’s hard to place lower than Jennings and Masoli, but all of the sudden Durant is looking old: He completed zero passes in the Alouettes loss against Ottawa and was pulled at the end of the first quarter.
Download The Grueling Truth app in the iTunes store!
Follow The Grueling Truth on Twitter @GruelingTruth and Like us on Facebook.
Players must be 21 years of age or older or reach the minimum age for gambling in their respective state and located in jurisdictions where online gambling is legal. Please play responsibly. Bet with your head, not over it. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, and wants help, call or visit: (a) the Council on Compulsive Gambling of New Jersey at 1-800-Gambler or www.800gambler.org; or (b) Gamblers Anonymous at 855-2-CALL-GA or www.gamblersanonymous.org.
Trading financial products carries a high risk to your capital, especially trading leverage products such as CFDs. CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. Between 74-89% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
This site is using Cloudflare and adheres to the Google Safe Browsing Program. We adapted Google's Privacy Guidelines to keep your data safe at all times.