1) Hamilton Ti-Cats – The Ti-Cats had a bye this week and have been consistently impressive all season long, even with their starting quarterback sidelined.
2) Winnipeg Blue Bombers – A 28-point first half by the Winnipeg Blue Bombers helped them cruise to a 35-10 win over the Saskatchewan Roughriders on Saturday. The Bombers emphatically got revenge from last week’s loss to the Riders behind yet another strong defensive performance.
3) Calgary Stampeders – Bo is BACK and it seems so are the Stampeders. Mitchell threw a pair of touchdowns and DaShaun Amos scored a pick-six to lead the Calgary Stampeders past the Edmonton Eskimos with a 33-17 margin. A healthy Mitchell makes the Stamps a very dangerous team down the stretch.
4) Saskatchewan Roughriders – The Riders saw their win streak come to a screeching halt against the Blue Bombers on Saturday. That doesn’t change the fact that this is still a very good team.
5) Montreal Alouettes – The Als are hot as Vernon Adams Jr. threw a touchdown and ran for two more. The Montreal Alouettes claimed a 21-16 home victory against the B.C. Lions on Friday night. Montreal has now won three-straight games and if Adams stays healthy they should be a playoff team.
6) Edmonton Eskimos – The Eskimos fared well in the early going of a tough loss to Calgary but things went awry when quarterback Trevor Harris went down in the first half. The Eskimos on paper should be better than a .500 team.
7) Toronto Argonauts – The Argos have been playing hard as of late but not been able to finish out games. James Wilder Jr. scored three times while Derel Walker and Rodney Smith added touchdowns for Toronto as they walked away with their first road victory of the campaign over the struggling Ottawa Redblacks. There is definite hope for the future in Toronto and don’t be surprised if they beat a playoff team or two at the end of this season.
8) B.C. Lions – The Lions played tough against Montreal but still came out on the short end in this game.
9) Ottawa Redblacks – The Redblacks are just a bad football team at this moment.