32) San Francisco – The Giants, Browns and 49ers are all equally bad, but for today, you have to go with the worst record. Next year with Jimmy Garoppolo will be interesting.
31) Cleveland – The Browns are not only winless, but somehow botched their trade for A.J. McCarron. Bad combo.
30) New York Giants – The Giants do have a win, but given their coach’s halftime speech on Sunday, I’m not sure how they’ve managed that.
29) Tampa Bay – Tampa has to be one of the biggest disappointments in the NFL and now things are worse with Jameis Winston’s injury and Mike Evans’ suspension.
28) Denver – The Broncos have lost four in a row and have a real problem at quarterback.
27) LA Chargers – The Chargers are among the worst in scoring and that is probably the strength of their team. It’s obvious, with an aging Phillip Rivers, that they’re headed towards a rebuild.
26) Chicago – The Bears have looked scrappy, but the truth is, right now they’re not very good.
25) Houston – The Texans with DeShaun Watson could have been a real threat in the postseason. Unfortunately, this is the Texans with Tom Savage.
24) Indianapolis – The Colts have played better than their 3-6 record, but they also have many problems.
23) Cincinnati – The Bengals, like many teams, could be better or worse than their record, but this is about where they should be in the rankings. They have talent, but coaching and lack of an offensive line will put them near the bottom of the conference.
22) Green Bay – The loss of Aaron Rodgers has exposed the Packers as a very below average team with a below average coach. Expect nothing to get better this year.
21) Baltimore – The Ravens have an anemic offense, which will keep them from the postseason.
20) Miami – Trading away Jay Ajayi and relying on Jay Cutler is not the blueprint for a winner.
19) Oakland – Oakland has been a disappointment, but played better. We’ll see if they can string a winning streak together.
18) Atlanta – The Falcons as a team look like that dropped touchdown by Julio Jones. They have all kinds of chances to get back among the good teams, but can’t make it happen.
17) Arizona – The Cardinals were able to get a win, but they will have problems with Drew Stanton at quarterback. Adrian Peterson can’t handle a 30-plus carry workload every week.
16) New York Jets – The Jets have played better than most thought and shockingly, could compete for a Wild Card.
15) Detroit – The Lions were able to get a big win at Lambeau and save their season.
14) Seattle – It’s hard to imagine a quarterback under more pressure from defenses right now than Russell Wilson. He has very little to work with on offense and the defense doesn’t always make stops. Seattle is searching for answers.
13) Washington – The Redskins likely saved their season with a win in Seattle, but will have to build on that win being in a difficult division.
12) Tennesee – The Titans haven’t been real impressive this year, but they deserve some credit getting to 5-3.
11) Buffalo – Buffalo hasn’t been a powerhouse, but they have been good. They will need to rebound after last week’s loss to the Jets.
10) Jacksonville – The Jaguars have a good defense and the offense has been able to score, despite missing Leonard Fournette.
9) Kansas City – People might say the Chiefs are too low, but they have lost 3 of the last 4 and don’t look like the power house from a few weeks ago.
8) Dallas – The Cowboys have rebounded and have now won three in a row. If Ezekiel Elliot continues to play, Dallas will be a playoff team.
7) Carolina – The Panthers don’t have the look of a top seven team, but there’s no denying their results.
6) Pittsburgh – It’s been a difficult road, but here we are halfway through the season and the Steelers are among the best. They should win the division and contend for the right to go to the Super Bowl.
5) Minnesota – The Vikings have a challenging schedule ahead of them, but they still have a fantastic chance to win the NFC North.
4) New England – The Patriots got some much-needed rest, but now have to show that they can function with a make-shift defense the rest of the way.
3) New Orleans – The Saints have won six in a row and have turned heads across the league. It seemed unthinkable, but if they can keep things going, especially on defense, they will be dangerous in January.
2) LA Rams – The Rams are the surprise of the league and are keeping it going. They still have a long way to go, but a playoff berth seems likelier each week.
1) Philadelphia – They are the clear number one and don’t appear to have any weaknesses.
Download The Grueling Truth app in the iTunes store!
Follow The Grueling Truth on Twitter @GruelingTruth and Like us on Facebook.