It might not be the first sport that most fans flock to at online sportsbooks, but tennis betting in Canada is now more popular than ever. This is especially true when it comes to the Grand Slams WTA Tours.
From outright match winners to game and set winners, tennis is a sport that lends itself well to pre-game and in-play betting. It’s also ideal for race bets, outrights and props, and offers a different experience from wagering on team sports like hockey and basketball. Here, you can check out the best sites to bet on tennis in Ontario today.
We will cover the actual ins and outs of online tennis betting a little bit later in this article. But the most important thing that you need to do, first and foremost, is find your ideal Ontario online sports betting site for tennis.
In the table below, you can check out the top five tennis sportsbooks available in Ontario today, complete with the most essential information. After that, we have provided you with some short reviews containing a brief overview of what each site has to offer tennis bettors specifically.
|Betting site||Tennis features||Other features||Our rating|
|BetMGM||24/7 odds |
Fast updates for live betting
Small and exhibition tours as well as grand slams
|Excellent betting app |
Extremely modern design
Sportsbook, casino and online poker
|BetRivers.com||Standard betting lines for tennis: Moneyline, spread and totals |
Live stats and information
|Beginner-friendly platform |
Instant bets and quick picks
|Bet365||Live streaming for grand slam tournaments |
Massive selection of tennis betting markets
|Multi-sport combo bet builder |
Trusted global brand
1,000s of sports events every day
|Pointsbet||Quick and easy cashout for live tennis bets |
Great stats trackers and visualizers
|$5 deposit and withdrawal minimum limit |
Unique way of betting
|Betway||Multiple filter options to find tennis markets |
Competitive tennis odds
|Sophisticated interface |
Biggest UK betting brand now available in Ontario
Excellent range of global sports events
You can now take a closer look at the top five best tennis betting sites with our experts’ mini-reviews. For more information, you can check out the complete reviews of all Ontario sportsbooks right here at TheGruelingTruth.
No matter what time of day it is, the odds for all tennis markets at BetMGM will be updated in real-time. If you are betting a match in-play, you can easily see what odds are moving:
The layout for tennis betting at BetMGM is also very user-friendly. You can display three different markets for each tennis game at one time and can choose which three you prefer from the dropdown menu.
As well as the Grand Slams, ATP and WTA, tours, you can also wager on smaller tournaments and exhibitions at BetMGM. On top of that, you have one of the best betting apps in Ontario at your disposal as well.
If you have experience betting on sports like hockey and basketball but are new to tennis wagering, then BetRiver.com provides you with a similar experience. While most sportsbooks offer tennis-specific markets first, such as game, set and points markets, BetRivers.com displays each game with the classic betting line: moneyline, spread, and totals.
Here is an example of how a typical tennis betting line might look at BetRivers.com:
Unlike most Canadian sportsbooks, BetRivers.com uses the American odds format instead of decimal, and you cannot change this. However, this is a very minor issue that will only affect the preferences of a small number of you.
Of all the sites for tennis betting in Ontario on our list, Bet365 is the only one with streaming rights for Grand Slam tournaments, as well as more minor tennis tours and events. As long as you have a funded account and an active bet, you can watch the action and place in-play wagers at the same time.
If you want to mix and match your tennis bets with other sports, you can do so using the multi-sport combo bet builder. There are thousands of sports betting markets every day that you can add to this to build some truly unique combo wagers.
Although it doesn’t have any streaming rights, Pointsbet is still among the top sportsbooks of live tennis betting in Canada. This is thanks to its “Visualizers” which contain up-to-date stats and a digital court that shows you how the action is playing out in real-time. At the very worst, you will experience a 30 second delay.
Pointsbet is also the ideal option for those of you working with a smaller bankroll. When betting with PayPal on this site, the minimum deposit and withdrawal limit is just $5.
Betway has one of the most intelligent designs when it comes to compacting and expanding the interface for your tennis bets. You can filter your search based on events, pre-game, in-play and even men’s or women’s tennis. You can then choose from the dropdown menu which markets you wish to highlight.
Despite it being an overseas-based brand with an iGO license, you can still fund your account using the most popular Canadian sportsbook deposit methods. For instance, Interac is supported for both deposits and withdrawals.
BetRivers.com and some other sites push the classic moneyline, spread and totals bets for tennis. Here is a quick explanation of how these three basic markets work:
Although the common betting lines work, other markets tend to be more popular across the board when it comes to wagering on tennis. Like when you bet on golf online, there are some markets that are unique to the sport.
here is a quick overview of the most popular pre-game and in-play markets for tennis betting:
In order to bet on tennis, you need to have a basic understanding of how the odds work, how they are set and how they move. In Canada, the most commonly used odds format is decimal. However, some sportsbooks, such as BetRivers.com, now use American odds instead. Fortunately, both are easy to understand.
Sportsbooks set tennis odds by first of all calculating the implied probability of each outcome. For example, they might give Djokovic a 60% chance of winning and Medvedev 40%.
They will then alter these percentages slightly when creating the odds, to ensure that they see a profit regardless of the outcome. This is known as the “vig”.
Tennis odds can then move in the lead-up to, and during an event. The main thing that influences odds are player preparation and what happens on the court., However, sportsbooks in Canada may also alter their odds based on the money that they have had come in for each outcome.
Before we round things off, here are a few tips from our experts to help you on your tennis betting journey:
You now have all of the tools that you need to start betting on tennis. While it might not be the most conventional of betting sports, tennis still offers up plenty of opportunities when it comes to wagering. All that you need to do now is use your reviews to find your ideal tennis betting site and then get yourself registered.
Yes, as long as you use a sportsbook that is licensed in Ontario and you are 19 or older, you can legally bet on tennis online in Canada. Find out more here at TheGruelingTruth.com.
The best online sportsbook for tennis betting in ON is BetMGM. However, BetRivers.com and Bet365 also deserve to be in the conversation.
To bet on tennis in Ontario, you just need to register a sportsbook account, make a deposit and you’re good to go. Discover more in this guide at TheGruelingTruth.com.
If you enjoy hearing from the legends of pro sports, then be sure to tune into “The Grueling Truth” sports shows, “Where the legends speak”
Contact us: email@example.com
Players must be 19 years of age or older to reach the minimum age for gambling in Ontario. Please play responsibly - Gambling can be addictive. Bet with your head, not over it. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, and wants help, call or visit: (a) www.igamingontario.ca ; or (b) www.connexontario.ca .
This site is using Cloudflare and adheres to the Google Safe Browsing Program. We adapted Google's Privacy Guidelines to keep your data safe at all times.