OK, before you guys even start I know these rankings mean nothing in the whole scheme of things. The AP and all of the other rankings mean nothing also, but this is an unbiased look at the top-10 teams in the country right now.
Who you have played and beaten do matter in these rankings, as does the talent on the roster, as well as the coaching, which is why you will see the top-2 teams where they are. I think it’s unquestioned right now that Clemson and Alabama are the best teams, from what we know. It would be nice if Alabama could schedule a team that could fight back, but that doesn’t look like it’s going to happen anytime soon.
10) Notre Dame Fighting Irish – The Irish looked solid in a road victory in Louisville last week. With veteran quarterback Ian Book the Irish are a threat once again this season.
9) Utah Utes – This is a team that could end the season in the College Football Playoffs because they have a dominant defense and a solid offense. A win at BYU in a rivalry game was solid and they are as good, if not better than anybody in the Pac 12 conference.
8) Florida Gators – The Gators own a nice win in week one over the Miami Hurricanes and they finally look to have the offense to contend with the big boys in the SEC.
7) Auburn Tigers – The Tigers beat a very good Oregon team and yesterday they beat a Tulane team that looks to be improved enough this year to land in a Bowl game.
6) Oklahoma Sooners – If the defense can improve it looks like it has could be a big-time title contender and Jalen Hurts could win the Heisman. The schedule also includes a win over a solid Houston Cougars team.
5) Georgia Bulldogs – I know this is a team most have ranked number 3 but I think questions about schedule and coaching have to be raised. If they take care of Notre Dame they will shoot up these rankings. They do not have the pedigree of an Alabama and they have a propensity to choke in their biggest games.
4) Ohio State Buckeyes – The Buckeyes embarrassed a good Cincinnati Bearcats team and so far they look like they have not missed a beat with the Meyer to Day regime change.
3) LSU Tigers – The Tigers win over the Longhorns in Texas was impressive and the fact that they did it in a shootout was even more so. I think they have a real chance to beat Alabama this year.
2) Alabama Crimson Tide – All Miami Dolphins fans will be hoping to suck for Tua and it is understandable as Tua will be the real deal on Sundays in the near future.
1) Clemson Tigers – Trevor Lawrence will be the guy NFL teams want in two years but right now the ACC must deal with him. The Tigers defense looked dominant again this year with a beat down of Texas A&M.
If you enjoy hearing from the legends of pro sports, then be sure to tune into “The Grueling Truth” sports shows, “Where the legends speak”
Contact us: email@example.com
Players must be 21 years of age or older or reach the minimum age for gambling in their respective state and located in jurisdictions where online gambling is legal. Please play responsibly. Bet with your head, not over it. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, and wants help, call or visit: (a) the Council on Compulsive Gambling of New Jersey at 1-800-Gambler or www.800gambler.org; or (b) Gamblers Anonymous at 855-2-CALL-GA or www.gamblersanonymous.org.
This site is using Cloudflare and adheres to the Google Safe Browsing Program. We adapted Google's Privacy Guidelines to keep your data safe at all times.