1) Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma Sooners – Mayfield has been consistent all year and is now in position to win the Heisman Trophy if he performs well the rest of the season. This week’s matchup with Oklahoma State is a perfect opportunity for him to take control of this race.
2) Bryce Love, Stanford Cardinal – Love missed a great opportunity in last Thursday night’s game against Oregon State to have the stage all to himself but he missed the game due to injury. His stats are still light years ahead of the other running backs in College Football this year.
3) Saquon Barkley, Penn State Nittany Lions – Outside of the opening kickoff, Barkley was pretty much held in check last week, and with the remaining schedule he will have to be at his absolute best every week to pull this off.
4) J.T. Barrett, Ohio State Buckeyes – Barrett was amazing against Penn State and has to be considered a serious contender at this stage of the race.
5) Jalen Hurts, Alabama Crimson Tide – Hurts has been overlooked all year. He gets overlooked because a lot of people think he is more of a product of the system. But in the end he always has the Tide in position to win.
6) Josh Adams, Notre Dame Fighting Irish – Adams had an outstanding game against maybe the best defensive line in all of College Football. Now the problem is how many people realize just how good the N.C. State defensive line is?
7) Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State Cowboys – Rudolph can become a serious contender again with a big-time performance this coming Saturday against Oklahoma.
8) David Sills, West Virginia Mountaineers – Sills was held in check on Saturday, but for the season he already has 15 TD receptions and he deserves to be mentioned in this conversation.
Download The Grueling Truth app in the iTunes store!
Follow The Grueling Truth on Twitter @GruelingTruth and Like us on Facebook.
Players must be 21 years of age or older or reach the minimum age for gambling in their respective state and located in jurisdictions where online gambling is legal. Please play responsibly. Bet with your head, not over it. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, and wants help, call or visit: (a) the Council on Compulsive Gambling of New Jersey at 1-800-Gambler or www.800gambler.org; or (b) Gamblers Anonymous at 855-2-CALL-GA or www.gamblersanonymous.org.
This site is using Cloudflare and adheres to the Google Safe Browsing Program. We adapted Google's Privacy Guidelines to keep your data safe at all times.