Publish Date: 08/19/2018
Fact checked by: Mark Lewis
1) Alabama Crimson Tide – The SEC is still a top-heavy conference and Alabama returns a ton from last year’s National Title team.
2) Clemson Tigers – The Tigers look to be loaded on defense again and Kelly Bryant is only going to get better.
3) Washington Huskies – The return of Jake Browning and a big-time offensive line makes the Huskies a solid pick for the playoffs.
4) Wisconsin Badgers – The Badgers look to be loaded and the Big Ten West is terrible. With that being said, if the Badgers want to be taken seriously they need to either step up the non-conference schedule or finally win the Big Ten Championship game.
3) Ohio State Buckeyes – The Buckeyes, as always, will be talent-stacked and they should be better at the quarterback position next season. The biggest question here will, of course, be the status of head coach Urban Meyer and if this off-season has caused a distraction.
5) Georgia Bulldogs – The Dawgs will be strong again and the SEC East will be weak once again, so at the very least they will be in the SEC Championship. You can never underestimate a Kirby Smart coached team.
6) Oklahoma Sooners – Kyler Murray will replace Baker Mayfield and the Sooners’ offense won’t miss a beat.
7) Penn State Nittany Lions – Heisman candidate and quarterback Trace McSorley will be good once again.
8) Miami Hurricanes – The Canes’ defense will be even better and most of the offense will return. This is a possible playoff team.
9) Stanford Cardinal – The Cardinal have a lot of questions but with David Shaw still the Head Coach. The Cardinal at worst wins 9 or 10 games.
10) Auburn Tigers – The Tigers return with quarterback Jarrett Stidham but they need to find replacements at the running back position.
11) Michigan State Spartans – The Spartans return a ton of starters from last year and look like they will be a contender in a loaded Big Ten conference.
12) West Virginia Mountaineers – QB Will Grier returns but more importantly the Mountaineers should be one of the few teams in the Big 12 that will have a defense.
13) TCU Horned Frogs – As long as Gary Patterson is the head coach the Frogs will be in contention.
14) Boise State Broncos – The Broncos are poised to make noise nationally again.
15) Michigan Wolverines – The Wolverines look like they finally have a quarterback in Shea Patterson.
16) Arizona Wildcats – Look for Head Coach Kevin Sumlin to have one of the most electric offenses in the nation.
17) Central Florida Knights – The Knights will return with do-everything quarterback McKenzie Milton and therefore should still be a very good team.
18) Notre Dame Fighting Irish – A quarterback battle is looming between Ian Book and Brandon Wimbush.
19) Florida State Seminoles – The Seminoles are ready for a bounce-back season but the departure of Head Coach Jimbo Fisher leaves a lot of questions to be answered.
20) Iowa State Cyclones – The Cyclones return with one of the best running backs in the nation in David Montgomery.
21) Mississippi State Bulldogs – Nick Fitzgerald returns to lead what should be one of the best offenses in the SEC.
22) Memphis Tigers – Hard to rank the Tigers any higher with the losses to graduation they suffered, but with Mike Norvell at the helm don’t be surprised if the Tigers are playing in a New Year’s Six bowl game.
23) South Carolina Gamecocks – The Gamecocks will be the Georgia Bulldogs main competition in the SEC East.
24) LSU Tigers – The heat will be on Coach O down in the Bayou again.
25) Texas A&M Aggies – With Jimbo Fisher at the helm, 8 wins should be expected.
Download The Grueling Truth app in the iTunes store!
Follow The Grueling Truth on Twitter @GruelingTruth and Like us on Facebook.