Publish Date: 12/11/2017
Fact checked by: Simon Briffa
1) Villanova Wildcats – Mikal Bridges is averaging 19.0 points and 6.2 rebounds in 30.6 minutes per game. They own wins over Tennessee and Gonzaga.
2) Michigan State Spartans – The Spartans haven’t lost since losing to Duke early in the season, and their wins include North Carolina and Notre Dame.
3) North Carolina Tar Heels – The Heels only loss is to Michigan State and they own 5 wins over top 100 teams.
4) Kentucky Wildcats – Since losing by single digits to the Kansas Jayhawks they have won six straight games.
5) Wichita State Shockers – The Shockers now own wins over Oklahoma State, Marquette and Baylor.
6) Miami Hurricanes – They Canes own a win over Minnesota and have been dominating against the rest of their schedule.
7) Texas A&M Aggies – They’ve beaten West Virginia, USC, Penn State and Oklahoma State. They look like a legit contender to Kentucky in the SEC.
8) Arizona State Sun Devils – The Sun Devils own wins over Xavier, Kansas State and St. John’s and now Kansas. They are off to their best start since 1974.
9) Duke Blue Devils – The Devils lost at Boston College, but they do own three wins over top 25 teams.
10) West Virginia Mountaineers – The Mountaineers haven’t loss since the season opener against Texas A&M.
11) Virginia Cavaliers – The Cavaliers are one of the best teams in the nation and the only loss they have was a close one at West Virginia.
12) Xavier Musketeers- The Muskies have blownout Cincinnati, Baylor and Colorado since a loss in Las Vegas to Arizona State.
13) Florida State Seminoles – Any doubts about how real this team is may have been erased by a 17-point win against in-state rival, the Florida Gators.
14) TCU Horned Frogs – The Frogs are on a roll behind the play of Kenrich Williams, who is averaging 14.2 points and 10.1 rebounds in 33.6 minutes per game.
15) Gonzaga Bulldogs – They have two losses to Florida and Villanova, but once again Coach Mark Few has a team capable of making a run in March.
16) Kansas Jayhawks – The Jayhawks suffered two defeats this week, including a Sunday loss to Arizona State.
17) Tennessee Volunteers- The Vols only loss was to Villanova and they hold an impressive win over Purdue.
18) Arizona Wildcats – The Wildcats seem to be back on track with wins over Texas A&M and Alabama.
19) Purdue Boilermakers – The Boilermakers have currently won five-straight games.
20) Notre Dame Fighting Irish – The Irish suffered a humiliating loss to Ball State last week.
21) Seton Hall Pirates – Seton Hall is a talented team, especially on the inside, and they own an impressive win at Louisville.
22) Texas Longhorns – The Longhorns only losses are to Gonzaga and Duke.
23) Baylor Bears – The Bears best win was over Creighton.
24) Creighton Blue Jays – Gonzaga and Baylor are the only two losses so far this year for the Blue Jays.
25) Florida Gators – The Gators snapped a three-game skid against Cincinnati on Saturday.
Download The Grueling Truth app in the iTunes store!
Follow The Grueling Truth on Twitter @GruelingTruth and Like us on Facebook.