(Photo Courtesy of SportsSpyder.com)
30) Memphis Grizzlies- This team once was one of the hottest teams in the NBA but now they have imploded. I feel bad for Mike Conley Jr., because he is what has kept this team afloat the last few years. But it’s hard to feel bad for someone who is making $27M a year. Oh well. This Memphis team will finally miss the Playoffs and all those crazy analytic guys who have been claiming the Grizzlies aren’t good anymore will finally be right.
29) Atlanta Hawks- The Hawks have the worst record in the NBA and that is exactly what they wanted to do this season. They were not expecting to be good and that is key to, tanking.
28) Phoenix Suns- without Booker, the Suns are horrible. Losers of 5 straight games, I am expecting the Suns to continue on their losing ways.
27) Dallas Mavericks- the Mavericks are an awful 8-20, but have managed to win 5 of their last 10 games. There is no logic to why the Mavericks continue to struggle early on in the regular season other than lack of talent. Maybe another year in the lotter will fix the Mavericks future.
26) Sacramento Kings- George Hill is very upset with the Kings front office for selling himself, Carter and Randolph on the future of this Kings team. The Kings said that this team would compete and so far, they have not been a team that looks like a playoff threat. I do think the Kings need to trade Hill, sooner rather than later.
25) Chicago Bulls- Was Mirotic the missing piece for the Bulls to turn their season around???? Absolutely…not. The Bulls have had recent success with Mirotic returning to the lineup, yes. But this team is still a lottery team.
24) Orlando Magic- the Magic have lost three in a row. They have won 3 of their last 10. It is time for the Magic to unload Vucevic and see what they can do.
23) Los Angeles Lakers- The Lakers are not a very good basketball team. They’re young and they’re raw. They might be able to land Paul George next season in free agency, but Paul George is not good enough to make them a contender. I would be extremely concerned about LeBron James coming to LA and don’t think it will happen.
22) Brooklyn Nets- Spencer Dinwiddie continues to play solid basketball. You have to like the trade the Nets made to get Okafor as well too. This team is heading in the right direction.
21) Charlotte Hornets- The Hornets can’t seem to figure things out this season. Their head coach is out on medical leave and they will be without Cody Zeller for a significant amount of time. Is the Dwight Howard effect happening in Charlotte too?
20) Miami Heat- the Heat continue to flirt around the .500 mark this season. They were overhyped coming into the season because of their great run the last half of the season. With December 15th allowing teams to be more active with trades, I fully expect Pat Riley to make a deal.
19) Los Angeles Clippers- The Clippers have won 3-games in a row. I am not sure if this winning streak can last long, but you have to be optimistic for now if you’re a Clippers fan.
18) Detroit Pistons- What is going on with the Pistons? They have lost 7-stragiht games and are really struggling. Every team faces winning and losing streaks, but this Pistons team better right the ship before it gets out of hand.
17) Utah Jazz- Donovan Mitchell has been incredible recently. You can’t log onto Twitter without hearing (Mark Wahlen especially) Utah Jazz fans and NBA fans praising this mans’ talent. He’s become the focal point of the Jazz’ offense. The next few weeks of games could be really ugly for the Jazz though.
16) New York Knicks- With Tim Hardaway Jr. and Kristaps Porzingis dealing with injuries this season, we have seen this Knicks team struggle. Enes Kanter and Doug McBuckets have played well after being dealt from OKC. The Knicks have been amazing in The Garden, but on the road they’re an awful 1-8.
15) Oklahoma City Thunder- This team does have issues, most of them surrounding Carmelo Anthony. Everyone loves to pick on Westbrook but I don’t believe he is the Thunder’s problem this season. Also, they need to keep feeding Game of Thrones warrior, Steven Adams.
14) Portland Trailblazers- Portland has always been one of my favorite teams in the West Coast. They have a lot of talent, but they’ve been flirting with that .500 record all season long. I want to see them go on a winning streak here soon, because if they don’t, they won’t separate themselves from the bottom group in the West Standings.
13) New Orleans Pelicans- I was disappointed to see the Pelicans blow their lead against the Rockets Monday and lose a tough game. I know a lot of people make fun of Rondo as a point guard but I think that he is doing a decent job. Jrue Holliday looks much better playing off the ball.
12) Philadelphia 76ers- Ben Simmons continues to impress. His mid-range, hook off the glass was something different for the league. I liked it. I also like the way Joel Embid is dominating this season. His ability to take guys off the dribble is pivotal for the success of this Sixers team.
11) Washington Wizards- John Wall returned to the lineup this week and looked pretty good. The Wizards have been a pure .500 team this season and I think if Wall can stay healthy, they will go on a little run.
10) Denver Nuggets- With both Millsap and Jokic out, the Nuggets have gotten solid play from Plumlee, Faried, Chandler and the biggest surprise of them all, Trey Lyles. I think Trey Lyles might be getting tired of hearing critics praise the Jazz for acquiring Donovan Mitchell for close to nothing.
9) Minnesota Timberwolves- The narrative with this team has been a bit all over the place. Minnesota’s best player is Karl Anthony Townes but he has to be better on the defensive end if this team wants to go anywhere.
8) Indiana Pacers- The Pacers last 5 losses have been to the Rockets (twice), Toronto, Boston and Oklahoma City. Indiana has found a gem in Oladipo as he won his 2nd Player of the Week honor Monday.
7) Milwaukee Bucks- The Bucks are starting to jell with one another after the Bledsoe trade. The Greek Freak fetish has slowed down a lot, but he is still playing terrific basketball.
6) Toronto Raptors- Toronto has been dominate at home, only losing one game. They are winners of 7 of their last ten.
5) San Antonio Spurs- The Spurs continue to do what the Spurs do. With Leonard back this week, we will finally get to see how good this team can be in a month or so.
4) Boston Celtics- The Celtics took a tough loss to the Bulls Monday night with Kyrie Irving out. Boston still has a three-game lead over the Cavaliers in the Eastern Conference standings. Brad Stevens has been phenomenal.
3) Cleveland Cavaliers- The Pacers ended the Cavaliers winning streak at 13-games, but LeBron James is still playing out of his mind. The Cavaliers have won 15 of their last 16-games.
2) Golden State Warriors- Even without Steph Curry, Kevin Durant and Klay Thompson have done a terrific job and have kept winning games for the Warriors. They’ve won 7 in a row.
1) Houston Rockets- The Rockers are 12-0 with CP3 in the lineup and they’ve won 11 straight games.
Download The Grueling Truth app in the iTunes store!
Follow The Grueling Truth on Twitter @GruelingTruth and Like us on Facebook.
If you enjoy hearing from the legends of pro sports, then be sure to tune into “The Grueling Truth” sports shows, “Where the legends speak”
Contact us: email@example.com
Players must be 21 years of age or older or reach the minimum age for gambling in their respective state and located in jurisdictions where online gambling is legal. Please play responsibly. Bet with your head, not over it. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, and wants help, call or visit: (a) the Council on Compulsive Gambling of New Jersey at 1-800-Gambler or www.800gambler.org; or (b) Gamblers Anonymous at 855-2-CALL-GA or www.gamblersanonymous.org.
This site is using Cloudflare and adheres to the Google Safe Browsing Program. We adapted Google's Privacy Guidelines to keep your data safe at all times.