Publish Date: 12/18/2018
Fact checked by: Mark Lewis
1) Kansas Jayhawks – Dedric Lawson has led the Jayhawks this year and while they don’t blow a lot of people out, they do figure out how to win.
2) Tennessee Volunteers – Admiral Schofield has been one of the best players in the nation this season and the Vols only loss was in OT to the Jayhawks.
3) Duke Blue Devils – R.J. Barrett is the best player in the country and the young Blue Devils are only going to improve.
4) Michigan Wolverines – The Wolverines got a scare on Saturday against Western Michigan, but they have finished the non-conference portion of the schedule unbeaten.
5) Nevada Wolfpack – The Martin brothers make the Wolfpack a very dangerous team come tournament time.
6) Virginia Cavaliers – The Cavs are being led by Kyle Guy, but the schedule has not been very tough.
7) North Carolina Tar Heels – The Heels handled Gonzaga fairly easy this past weekend and will cause problems for everybody in the ACC.
8) Gonzaga Bulldogs – Gonzaga has now lost two consecutive games, but that doesn’t erase the early season for this team as they will stay in the top 10.
9) Texas Tech Red Raiders – The Raiders look ready to challenge for a Big 12 Championship.
10) Michigan State Spartans – The Spartans are on a 4-game winning streak since losing at Louisville.
11) Auburn Tigers – The Tigers struggled with UAB and I am still not sold on this team quite yet.
12) Florida State Seminoles – The Seminoles are a definite threat when the time comes for ACC play.
13) Wisconsin Badgers – The Badgers’ only losses were closely contested contests against Virginia and Marquette.
14) Virginia Tech Hokies – The Hokies lone loss was by a single point at Penn State.
15) Ohio State Buckeyes – The Buckeyes are a well-coached team and should make some noise in a loaded Big Ten this season.
16) Mississippi State Bulldogs – The Bulldogs blew out Cincinnati on Saturday.
17) Buffalo Bulls – We will find out just how good the Bulls are this week as they face Syracuse and Marquette.
18) Maryland Terrapins – The Terrapins have not played a great schedule but they are a very talented team.
19) Indiana Hoosiers – The Hoosiers are a young talented team that really feels like it’s about to make some noise in the Big Ten.
20) Houston Cougars – The Cougars have now won 23-straight home games.
21) Arizona State Sun Devils – The Devils’ lost their second game of the season on Monday night at Vanderbilt.
22) Furman Paladins – This team is for real and should make some noise come March.
23) Kentucky Wildcats – The Wildcats were dominating against Utah this past weekend.
24) Oklahoma Sooners – The Sooners’ only loss has been to Wisconsin.
25) Villanova Wildcats – Villanova looked good in a razor-thin loss at Kansas.
+1 26) Nebraska Cornhuskers