14) Nebraska Cornhuskers – This ranking has to be unquestioned and their season will end in round one.
13) Northwestern Wildcats – A huge win over Penn State and all of a sudden a win in the Big Ten tournament doesn’t look impossible for the Wildcats.
12) Minnesota Golden Gophers – The Gophers will not last long in this tournament and Northwestern will be a tough game for the Gophers. Coach Richard Pitino may be the worst coach in the Big Ten and Minnesota needs to find his replacement.
11) Penn State Nittany Lions – The Lions are struggling to win just one game in their last six and a second-round game against Indiana could spell trouble for the Nittany Lions.
10) Indiana Hoosiers – The Hoosiers have the ability to make a run in this tournament. This team is capable of beating Penn State in the second round and if they do a spot in March Madness would be all but assured.
9) Purdue Boilermakers – Purdue needs probably three wins in this tournament to avoid an invitation to the NIT and that is very unlikely to happen.
8) Michigan Wolverines – Michigan’s season started out hot, went to cold and back to hot, and now they are closer to cold than hot. With that being said, they have the talent to run the table in this tournament.
7) Iowa Hawkeyes – The Hawkeyes had a rough week, losing two games. They should be safely in the NCAA Tournament but a month ago this team looked like it would be dangerous come March. Not so much now.
6) Rutgers Scarlet Knights – Rutgers removed all doubt about their credentials to be in the big show. Two big wins make this team look much more dangerous.
5) Illinois Fighting Illini – The Illini got the all-important double-bye and have a legit shot to make it to Sunday’s final.
4) Ohio State Buckeyes – The Buckeyes have played well as of late. At times Ohio State has looked like a top ten team, while at other times they looked like a candidate for the NIT. So your guess is as good as mine as to which Ohio State team we will see.
3) Maryland Terrapins – The Terps got a share of the Big Ten regular-season title, which is great, but a few weeks ago it looked to be the Terrapins championship to lose and they dang near did, when they were lucky to escape with a tie.
2) Michigan State Spartans – The Spartans are finally playing as well as people thought they would this year and winning this tournament right now looks like a good possibility.
1) Wisconsin Badgers – The Badgers have been on fire and they have done it against a legit schedule. I don’t know if I would bet on them to win this tournament, but I can guarantee I would not bet against them