14) Nebraska Cornhuskers – The played one game this past week and lost it. This is just a bad team right now.
13) Northwestern Wildcats – They have Nebraska on the road next Sunday and it will be the only win either team gets the rest of the season. The loser will clinch last in these rankings.
12) Minnesota Golden Gophers – The Gophers got blown out by Indiana and beat Northwestern. Coach Richard Pitino should be in his last days as head coach in Minnesota.
11) Purdue Boilermakers – The Boilermakers had a bad week, losing both of their games and they now sit at 14-14 looking squarely in the eyes of an NIT bid.
10) Indiana Hoosiers – The Hoosiers had a great week ending with a win over Penn State. They will travel to Purdue and Illinois this week and one win should be enough to get them to March Madness, as long as they don’t screw up the two home games that will follow.
9) Rutgers Scarlet Knights – The Knights are currently in a tail-spin. The tournament should be a safe bet for them to get in but they need a win of some kind to stop the bleeding.
8) Michigan State Spartans – Who would have thought at the start of the season that Michigan State would sit in this spot towards the end of the season?
7) Wisconsin Badgers – The Badgers have been a surprise this season and they seem to be playing better as we get closer and closer to tournament time.
6) Ohio State Buckeyes – After an absolutely terrible January the Buckeyes are back on track and could be a handful come tournament time.
5) Penn State Nittany Lions – Let me say when healthy the Nittany Lions are top two in this league, but the extended absence of Myreon Jones has really hurt them. If he gets healthy this team could win the Big Ten tournament.
4) Illinois Fighting Illini – The Illini have three games this coming week and they will be favorites in all three.
3) Iowa Hawkeyes – The Hawkeyes got a good win at home over Ohio State and have played well most of the season. All concerns with the Hawkeyes begin and end on the defensive side of the court.
2) Michigan Wolverines – I actually considered moving the Wolverines up to number one because they have been playing that good! Over the last 3 weeks, Michigan has played as well as any team in college basketball.
1) Maryland Terrapins – The Terps are in all likelihood going to win the Big Ten regular season championship. Also, with a strong finish could grab a number one seed for the NCAA Tournament.