Publish Date: 02/19/2018
Fact checked by: Simon Briffa
1) Virginia Cavaliers – The Cavs own 11 wins over top-50 Ken Pom teams. Only Kansas has as many.
2) Michigan State Spartans – The Spartans needed a historic comeback to beat Northwestern on Saturday and they got it. The Spartans seem to be clicking on all cylinders right now.
3) Villanova Wildcats – The Wildcats played an almost perfect game in Saturday’s impressive win at Xavier.
4) Xavier Musketeers – The Muskies are 9-2 in their last 11 games and both losses have come to Villanova. The Muskies have 10 wins over top-50 Ken Pom teams.
5) Texas Tech Red Raiders – The Red Raiders are tied with Kansas for the lead in the Big 12 conference.
6) Kansas Jayhawks – The Jayhawks were impressive on Saturday beating West Virginia, and they now own 11 wins over top-50 Ken Pom teams.
7) Duke Blue Devils – The Devils got a huge road win at Clemson on Sunday.
8) Gonzaga Bulldogs – The Bulldogs seem to be peaking at the right time, as they have a current 9-game winning streak.
9) North Carolina Tar Heels – The Heels have 10 top-50 Ken Pom wins and own a 5-game winning streak.
10) Purdue Boilermakers – The Boilermakers had lost three-straight, but got back on track Sunday night with a hard-fought win over a very good Penn State squad.
11) Auburn Tigers – The Tigers are one of the surprise teams of this season so far.
12) Clemson Tigers – The Tigers lost at home on Saturday to Duke.
13) Wichita State Shockers – The Shockers got a huge road win at Cincinnati on Sunday and seemed poised for March Madness.
14) Cincinnati Bearcats – The Bearcats lost two-straight this past week and if they want to make a run in March they need to be more consistent on offense.
15) Michigan Wolverines – The Wolverines got a big win over Ohio State and look like they could be a dangerous team come tournament time.
16) Ohio State Buckeyes – The Buckeyes have been a surprise team this season, but this past week they ran into a very hot Penn State team. Then over the weekend rival Ohio State got the best of them.
17) Arizona Wildcats – The Wildcats are in seemingly solid possession in the Pac 12 Conference.
18) Tennessee Volunteers – The Vols are in second place in the SEC and own 5 Top-50 Ken Pom wins.
19) Nevada Wolfpack – The Pack seems like they could be a serious hurdle come tournament time, as they own 7 wins over Top-70 Ken Pom teams.
20) Florida State Seminoles – The Seminoles re-enter the top 25 and now have 7 wins over top-50 Ken Pom teams.
21) Houston Cougars – People need to take notice of the Houston Cougars, I know Cincinnati and Wichita State have.
22) Rhode Island Rams – The Rams lost a 16-game winning streak at St. Bonaventure but they still belong in these rankings.
23) Kentucky Wildcats – The Wildcats have struggled, but who wants to draw them in the first round of the NCAA’s?
24) West Virginia Mountaineers – The Mountaineers seem to be in disarray at this moment.
25) Arizona State Sun Devils – The Sun Devils have cooled off since a red-hot start to the season, but they still own away-from-home victories over Xavier, Kansas and Kansas State.