Publish Date: 01/15/2018
Fact checked by: Mark Lewis
1) Villanova Wildcats – The Wildcats continue to roll and this week included a big blowout win over Xavier.
2) Virginia Cavaliers – The Cavaliers only loss was to highly-rated West Virginia.
3) Oklahoma Sooners – Oklahoma has beaten four teams in the top 25.
4) Texas Tech Red Raiders – The Raiders come-from-behind win over West Virginia has convinced us that they are for real.
5) Purdue Boilermakers – Purdue has now won thirteen-straight games.
6) Duke Blue Devils – Both losses are on the road in the ACC.
7) West Virginia Mountaineers – The Mountaineers lost a close one at Texas Tech on Saturday, but my guess is they won’t lose many more.
8) Wichita State Shockers – The Shockers have won seven-straight and look to be back on track since their lost to Oklahoma.
9) Kansas Jayhawks – The Jayhawks are now in a four way tie for first place in the Big 12.
10) Clemson Tigers – The Tigers are one of the most disrespected teams in the country but with wins over Ohio State, Florida, Louisville and Miami they shouldn’t be.
11) Gonzaga Bulldogs – The Bulldogs have now won four-straight games.
12) Michigan State Spartans – The Spartans lost at home to Michigan and are struggling right now.
13) Arizona State Sun Devils – The Sun Devils have four wins over ten top 40 teams.
14) Xavier Musketeers – The Muskies rebounded from a bad loss at Villanova with a dominating performance over the Creighton Blue Jays on Saturday.
15) Seton Hall Pirates – The Pirates are underrated and have wins over Texas Tech, Creighton, Louisville and Butler.
16) Cincinnati Bearcats – The Bearcats look like the biggest competition to Wichita State in the AAC.
17) North Carolina Tar Heels – The Tar Heels own three wins over top 25 teams and a big showdown with Clemson looms this week.
18) Arizona Wildcats – The Wildcats have won 11 out of their last 12 games.
19) Auburn Tigers – The Tigers are 16-1 and sit alone atop the SEC.
20) Tennessee Volunteers – The Vols will contend all season in the SEC.
21) Kentucky Wildcats – The Cats have won 5 out of 6 since a loss to UCLA.
22) TCU Horned Frogs – All of the Frogs losses have been nail-biters.
23) Ohio State Buckeyes – The Buckeyes have won 9 of their last 10 games.
24) Michigan Wolverines – A huge win over Michigan State thrust the Wolverines into the top 25.
25) Creighton Blue Jays – The Jays got mauled by Xavier Saturday but this is still a very good team with some quality wins.
Download The Grueling Truth app in the iTunes store!
Follow The Grueling Truth on Twitter @GruelingTruth and Like us on Facebook.