1) Arizona State Sun Devils – The Devils are my number one team because they have beaten better opposition than Villanova so far.
2) Villanova Wildcats – The Wildcats are still undefeated and have wins over Tennessee and Gonzaga. I can’t wait to see them in Big East action, especially against Xavier.
3) Michigan State Spartans – The Spartans have won 11-straight since their loss to Duke, and I think they should easily win the Big Ten Championship.
4) Xavier Musketeers – Nationally this team doesn’t get the respect it deserves and it deserves to be in the top 5.
5) Texas A&M – The Aggies blew out West Virginia at the start of the season and may just be the best team in the SEC.
6) Duke Blue Devils – The Devils had a bad loss at Boston College but I think that was an anomaly. The quality of victories is very high and this is without a doubt one of the best teams in the country.
7) West Virginia Mountaineers – The Mountaineers have not lost since the season opening disaster against Texas A&M.
8) Virginia Cavaliers – The Cavaliers lone loss was against West Virginia and they are one of the best defensive teams in the country.
9) TCU Horned Frogs – The Frogs are undefeated and they open Big 12 play against Oklahoma which will let us know how real this team is.
10) Oklahoma Sooners – The Sooners are a big-time surprise team so far this year and freshman Trae Young right now has to be the favorite to be the National Player of the Year.
11) Wichita State Shockers – The Shockers have to have questions on the defensive side of the ball, but with Markis McDuffie back the Shockers are still a threat to anybody they play.
12) Tennessee Volunteers – The Volunteers have wins over Purdue, N.C. State and Wake Forest, and look like a serious contender for SEC honors.
13) North Carolina Tar Heels – The Heels lost to Wofford! This team is hard to gauge because sometimes they look like the defending National Champions and sometimes they look like a team that will be lucky to advance to the second round of the tournament.
14) Purdue Boilermakers – The Boilermakers look like they may be the most serious challenger to Michigan State in the Big Ten.
15) Arizona Wildcats – The Wildcats seem to be back on track and headed for a collision in the near future with Arizona State.
16) Kentucky Wildcats – The Wildcats have too much talent to lose to UCLA but they did. A lack of a strong early schedule could hurt them when they get into SEC play.
17) Kansas Jayhawks – Hard to put a team any higher than this that has not beaten top competition.
18) Miami Hurricanes – This is another team that looks to be very talented but just has not played a tough schedule.
19) Baylor Bears – The Bears are on a five-game winning streak and their only losses have been to Xavier and Wichita State.
20) Gonzaga Bulldogs – The Bulldogs are a very good team yet again this year and they own wins over Creighton and Texas.
21) Florida State Seminoles – They just don’t have enough quality wins to be any higher than this.
22) Cincinnati Bearcats – The Bearcats are a very good defensive team, as they showed by throttling UCLA at Pauley pavilion.
23) Arkansas Razorbacks – Wins over Oklahoma and Minnesota are impressive and the SEC race is shaping up to be much better than most people expected at the start of the season.
24) Seton Hall Pirates – If the Pirates can get better guard play they could be a factor in the Big East.
25) Texas Tech Red Raiders – The Raider are a solid team, we just need to see them against some better competition.
Download The Grueling Truth app in the iTunes store!
Follow The Grueling Truth on Twitter @GruelingTruth and Like us on Facebook.
Players must be 21 years of age or older or reach the minimum age for gambling in their respective state and located in jurisdictions where online gambling is legal. Please play responsibly. Bet with your head, not over it. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, and wants help, call or visit: (a) the Council on Compulsive Gambling of New Jersey at 1-800-Gambler or www.800gambler.org; or (b) Gamblers Anonymous at 855-2-CALL-GA or www.gamblersanonymous.org.
This site is using Cloudflare and adheres to the Google Safe Browsing Program. We adapted Google's Privacy Guidelines to keep your data safe at all times.