(Photo Courtesy of Sundevils.com)
As the college basketball season heads towards conference play we are starting to have a better feel for who the top teams are in college basketball are. The ACC and Big East look to be loaded once again and the Big Ten looks to be a one or two horse race while surprise teams like Arizona State and Oklahoma are starting to pop up.
1) Arizona State Sun Devils- The Sun Devils maybe the biggest surprise of this young season so far with wins over Kansas and Xavier both bye double-digits. Those wins over Xavier and Kansas are more impressive than Villanova’s wins.
2) Villanova Wildcats- The Wildcats have won 8 out of their 11 games by double digits and they own three top level wins against Gonzaga, Tennessee, and Temple.
3) Michigan State Spartans- The Spartans lone loss is to Duke, since that lose they have won nine straight games.
4) North Carolina Tar Heels- The Tar Heels have been better than expected this year and their only loss was on a neutral court to the Michigan State Spartans.
5) Kentucky Wildcats- With UCLA, Louisville, and West Virginia coming up on the schedule we should find out real soon exactly how good these Wildcats are.
6) Texas A&M Aggies- The Aggies own a 23 point victory over West Virginia and will be a dangerous team win the SEC season begins.
7) West Virginia Mountaineers- The Mountaineers have been on a roll since a season opening loss to Texas A&M.
8) Miami Hurricanes- The Canes are undefeated but the competition has not exactly been stellar.
9) Duke Blue Devils- The Blue Devils own three wins over top 25 teams and will be a handful as they mature under Coach K.
10) Xavier Musketeers- The Musketeers will battle Villanova for the Big East title ans don’t be surprised if the Muskies come out on top.
11) TCU Horned Frogs- The Frogs continue to roll, the question will be can they hang with the big boys when the time comes.
12) Oklahoma Sooners- The Sooners got national attention with a win over Wichita State and they also have beaten Oregon and USC.
13) Virginia Cavaliers- The Cavaliers maybe the best defensive team in the nation.
14) Wichita State Shockers- The Shockers lost a tough one to Oklahoma which is why they have dropped in these rankings.
15) Tennessee Volunteers- The Vols only loss was a close one to number two Villanova and they own a nice win over Purdue.
16) Gonzaga Bulldogs- The Bulldogs are good once again and have beaten Creighton, Texas, and Ohio State.
17) Purdue Boilermakers- The Boilermakers got a dominant win over a good Butler team and look poised to make some noise in the Big Ten.
18) Kansas Jayhawks- The Jayhawks got back on the winning side with a victory over Nebraska which snapped a two-game losing streak.
19) Arizona Wildcats- The Wildcats are a talented team and they have now won five straight after losing three in a row.
20) Baylor Bears- The Bears two losses were to Xavier and Wichita State and the best win they own was against Creighton.
21) Texas Tech Red Raiders- The Red Raiders have only one loss to Seton Hall and they have two solid wins over Northwestern and Nevada.
22) Florida State Seminoles- The Seminoles don’t have a lot of big-time wins and they just suffered there first loss of the season against Oklahoma State.
23) Seton Hall Pirates- The Pirates resume includes wins at Louisville and a win over Texas Tech.
24) Creighton Blue Jays- The Blue Jays have wins over Northwestern and UCLA.
25) Cincinnati Bearcats- The Bearcats dominated UCLA on Saturday.
Download The Grueling Truth app in the iTunes store!
Follow The Grueling Truth on Twitter @GruelingTruth and Like us on Facebook.
Players must be 21 years of age or older or reach the minimum age for gambling in their respective state and located in jurisdictions where online gambling is legal. Please play responsibly. Bet with your head, not over it. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, and wants help, call or visit: (a) the Council on Compulsive Gambling of New Jersey at 1-800-Gambler or www.800gambler.org; or (b) Gamblers Anonymous at 855-2-CALL-GA or www.gamblersanonymous.org.
This site is using Cloudflare and adheres to the Google Safe Browsing Program. We adapted Google's Privacy Guidelines to keep your data safe at all times.