14) Nebraska Cornhuskers – The Cornhuskers solidified last place with an overtime loss at home to the Northwestern Wildcats
13) Northwestern Wildcats – The Wildcats, as mentioned above, took down the Cornhuskers and that’s the reason they sit in this position.
12) Minnesota Golden Gophers – The Gophers lost two heart-breakers this past week. They have played okay but they can’t seem to finish.
11) Indiana Hoosiers – The Hoosiers played outstanding in a road loss to Illinois on Sunday. They shot the ball well and did everything but finish the game. They only missed two free throws in the game and those were the two that finished them. They have to get better play from the guard position.
10) Rutgers Scarlet Knights – The Knights lost at home to Penn State and are in danger of not even making the tournament. Two big games await this week against Maryland and Purdue and they need to at least get one to have a good shot to make the field of 68.
9) Purdue Boilermakers – A 15-14 record hurts this team’s chance to make the tournament so they will need to finish the season strong to have a shot, but they dominated Indiana.
8) Michigan Wolverines – What a difference a week can make! Two losses and they plummet down these rankings. They still have a resume that puts them in the tournament but they will need another win or two to feel comfortable.
7) Penn State Nittany Lions – The Lions have lost 3 of their last 4 and are not trending in the right direction. Injuries have had a part in this recent streak. The Nittany Lions can still be a threat in March if they are healthy.
6) Iowa Hawkeyes – The Hawkeyes removed all doubt about making the tournament with a big win over Penn State this past weekend. They are now playing for seeding.
5) Illinois Fighting Illini – The Illini went 3-0 this past weekend and look almost assured of a spot in the 68-team field now.
4) Wisconsin Badgers – Two more Big Ten wins this past week. While they don’t look like much of a team, they are! They are well-coached and a tough team to beat for anybody.
3) Ohio State Buckeyes – Left for dead a month ago the Buckeyes have been back of late with a vengeance!
2) Michigan State Spartans – They’re back! Coach Tom Izzo has the Spartans playing the way everyone expected them to play at the start of the year and a big win at Maryland proves this team could be ready to make another deep run.
1) Maryland Terrapins – A bad loss at home to Michigan State stings but as of right now the Terps are the best team in the conference. Sure they lost to the Spartans but Maryland has been by far the most consistent team all year.
Players must be 21 years of age or older or reach the minimum age for gambling in their respective state and located in jurisdictions where online gambling is legal. Please play responsibly. Bet with your head, not over it. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, and wants help, call or visit: (a) the Council on Compulsive Gambling of New Jersey at 1-800-Gambler or www.800gambler.org; or (b) Gamblers Anonymous at 855-2-CALL-GA or www.gamblersanonymous.org.
This site is using Cloudflare and adheres to the Google Safe Browsing Program. We adapted Google's Privacy Guidelines to keep your data safe at all times.