14) Northwestern Wildcats – The Wildcats didn’t play bad, they just lack the firepower to win many games anywhere, much less the Big Ten.
13) Nebraska Cornhuskers – They played tough but came up short last week, but they still will pull an upset here and there and they have the right coach for the job.
12) Purdue Boilermakers – If Purdue plans on dancing into the NCAA tournament they need to get both wins this week at home against Iowa and on the road against Indiana. At 11-10 the Boilers are running out of time.
11) Indiana Hoosiers – Coming into this past week I was hopeful that the Hoosiers had righted the ship, but that ship may be starting to sink. A huge game awaits on Saturday as the Hoosiers host Purdue and they badly need this win.
10) Minnesota Golden Gophers – The Gophers are in a very similar predicament to the Boilermakers, they need wins and they need them soon. They are a good team right now but I think they would be on the outside looking in come NCAA tournament time.
9) Michigan Wolverines – The Wolverines got a huge victory over Rutgers this past weekend, so don’t count them out just yet.
8) Wisconsin Badgers – The record is not pretty but I think right now the Badgers would make the tournament. A loss or two could change that very quickly.
7) Ohio State Buckeyes – Ohio State had been struggling for a few weeks but this team is too good to not get everything headed in the right direction. The next week or so could be critical for this team.
6) Rutgers Scarlet Knights – Rutgers seem like a solid tournament bet, but they have struggled on the road at times and will travel to Maryland on Tuesday and host Northwestern on Saturday. As long as they get the Northwestern win they will be fine, but win at Maryland and the tournament is almost assured.
5) Penn State Nittany Lions – The Lions are in a good position and it would surprise me if they aren’t going to the dance in March.
4) Michigan State Spartans – The Spartans are clearly one of the best teams in the country. The problem is they don’t always play like it.
3) Illinois Fighting Illini – A loss at Iowa hurts but this team is one of the best in the Big Ten and have a real shot at a Big Ten title.
2) Iowa Hawkeyes – A loss to Maryland is why I put them just below the Terps. With that being said, I really like this team and they have a chance to make some major noise this year.
1) Maryland Terrapins – When we look back at the Maryland’s season I think people will point towards a road win at Indiana as the turning point of this season.
Players must be 21 years of age or older or reach the minimum age for gambling in their respective state and located in jurisdictions where online gambling is legal. Please play responsibly. Bet with your head, not over it. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, and wants help, call or visit: (a) the Council on Compulsive Gambling of New Jersey at 1-800-Gambler or www.800gambler.org; or (b) Gamblers Anonymous at 855-2-CALL-GA or www.gamblersanonymous.org.
This site is using Cloudflare and adheres to the Google Safe Browsing Program. We adapted Google's Privacy Guidelines to keep your data safe at all times.