1) Michigan State Spartans – I know they just got hammered by Purdue but this Big Ten season so far has been about parity, and the overall body of work means I favor the Spartans as of now.
2) Maryland Terrapins – Like seemingly every other Big Ten team they look great at home and struggle on the road.
3) Michigan Wolverines – The Wolverines are consistently inconsistent, but talent and non-conference results put them here on the list.
4) Iowa Hawkeyes – The Hawkeyes, just like the top-3 teams, split and lost on the road. The reason they sit at number 4 is they lost at Nebraska.
5) Rutgers Scarlet Knights – The Knights dominated Indiana and have been unbeatable at home so far.
6) Illinois Fighting Illini – The Illini are looking better and better and with just a game against Northwestern this week they could find themselves even higher than this next week.
7) Wisconsin Badgers – The Badgers are heating up, winning 5 of their last 6 games. All of a sudden they look like a threat.
8) Penn State Nittany Lions – Of course, it’s the Big Ten so they lost on the road at Minnesota, and they are now losing more often than not. A game this weekend hosting Ohio State is almost a must-win now.
9) Minnesota Golden Gophers – They are great at home but have struggled on the road. A road contest at Rutgers will show us a lot about exactly where this team stands.
10) Purdue Boilermakers – I would say they are great at home but struggle on the road, but I am getting really tired of saying that in this article.
11) Indiana Hoosiers – This team is lucky to have the record it has and Archie Miller better get things figured out real quick or the NIT will be calling!
12) Ohio State Buckeyes – How the mighty have fallen!
13) Northwestern Wildcats – The Wildcats seem to be getting better, but they have a long way to go.
14) Nebraska Cornhuskers – They will be dangerous all season and will pop up at home (of course) and surprise people from time to time.